We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

They've robbed me!

2»

Comments

  • Xii_2
    Xii_2 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Shall I write to them and ask to confirm that I'm not on a "black list"?

    The collections seems to be internal at SSE and not another company, so I'm going to wait until I get their letters tomorrow. I doubt it will effect me to be honest as they have the wrong spelling of my name on these letters they've sent to me by mistake.
  • undaunted
    undaunted Posts: 1,870 Forumite
    Personally I might complaint to the letting agent but wouldn't rely on them to sort it out - they don't seem to have done much of a job so far.

    As already advised above I'd make a complaint - in writing not by phone - and request written reply, correction of any erroneous information placed on credit files - and if you feel cheeky ask for "a token gesture" on top - eg say a £50 credit for your inconvenience, costs & time in resolving their error

    The other lesson to be learned here appears to be if someone bills you / demands money make sure you read what it is the bill / demand is for & query any anomolies rather than panic & just pay someone elses bill blindly
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.