🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

RBS Platinum 0% + Loans

Options
Hi everyone,

I recently took out the 0% balance transfer RBS Platinum card with the intention of consolidating all of my debt onto my new card.

The trouble I have is that one of my existing debts is a loan provided by Lloyds TSB and having phoned them up they've told me I can't make "early payments" via credit card (which I was going to make on a normal full interest card and then transfer to RBS immediately) so I'm wondering if RBS themselves can directly balance transfer a loan?

I'm aware of "super balance transfers" which would enable me to make a debit card payment of the loan but does the RBS Platinum account offer a service like this and if so does it introduce any additional charges?

Thanks so much for your help - these forums have been a godsend in arranging my finances. :)

Comments

• planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i'm not sure whether the RBS card will allow that. call & ask them what they can/can't do. work out the full cost of the loan beforehand & do your best to get the debt at 0% for the lowest fee your possibly can.

do you have another card you use for spending? i find i can 'create debt' without too much trouble, as almost all spending can be channeled to a credit card and then BTd to a different card, freeing up the spending money to reduce your loan, for example.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport