We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Debts caused by no readings

2»

Comments

  • techno12
    techno12 Posts: 743 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 4 July 2013 at 12:17AM
    Having had a slight mess-up with NPower (my DD is going up from £32 to £91 next month) I'm now taking monthly readings of my gas and electricity and submitting them online.

    It's pretty good as they generate a new bill each month online, so I have a spot-on figure of how much it's all costing (the £91 is too high, should be £75, but I'll argue that in a few months time once I've built up a summer surplus. Though most years they notice this and reduce the DD, so my DD oscillates up and down twice a year instead of being a single figure).

    I was like the OP until recently, as both meters are in the main building (my flat is completely self-contained with own front door) to which I've had no access until I demanded some keys from the freeholder a while back.

    Submitting regular readings definitely the way to go!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.