We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Npower cold caller

NowRetired
NowRetired Posts: 366 Forumite
I thought that cold calling to get you to change your gas and electricity was banned?

I got a call from Npower the other day and after going through all the details, who I was with, my tariff, etc. she said, well our cheapest tariff is £300 more per year than what you are paying now, would you like to change to us?

Gas is £180 and electricity £120 per year more, could you give me your details so I can sign you up.

I asked her if she thought I was stupid or !!!!!!, why on earth would I pay £300 more a year.

But we have a high customer rating she said.

Not worth £300 a year, I said.

So you don't want to sign up with us?

What do you think, I said.

OK she said, and hung up.
Getting forgetful, if you think I've asked this before I probably have. :rotfl:

Comments

  • Cold calling isn't banned, companies shouldn't phone you if you are registered with TPS, but you haven't stated this.

    All major energy suppliers have stopped door to door sales.

    At least she was honest that they were £300 more expensive.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,129 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    M&S have been marketing more expensive products very successfully for years on just that basis...'it's not just energy, it's M&S energy'.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 9,080 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Wonder if she was calling from "The Call Centre"as featured on BBC3? ......................They seemed thick enuf to try to sell a tariff £300 more pa!:rotfl:
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,134 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Wonder if she was calling from "The Call Centre"as featured on BBC3? ......................They seemed thick enuf to try to sell a tariff £300 more pa!:rotfl:

    Unless they know who you're with (which I doubt) before they call, then this shouldn't make much difference.

    I do say, I have to admire their cheek, though!

    CK
    💙💛 💔
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.