We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Huge direct debit what are the rules?

2»

Comments

  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    I have been through all my correspondence with Npower and had definitely not been notified and in fact my last letter from them stated my DD had been changed from 75 to 68.

    Speaking to Npower I was told that this money was taken as a final bill in error. This was based on readings given to them by another company while they were trying to transfer my supply. I hadn't signed up for this (coop energy) and it is still being resolved by the two companies

    However, the fact remains N power did not warn we of this final bill and I've had no correspondences saying i'm leaving so I am left a little annoyed and somewhat confused

    But I have the cash back and can afford to live for the rest of the month now :)

    So did you not switch from nPower like you said you wanted to earlier this year?

    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/4382823

    Are you saying neither the Co-op never contacted you to say they were taking over your supply, and that nPower never sent a 'sorry you are leaving' letter or a final bill???
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.