Strange Ebay Sale

Options
I recently sold an item on Ebay with my usual restriction on overseas buyers .The buyer had lots of feedback mainly in German and he appeared to live in Germany after 3 days I did not have any payment so I sent the payment details and on that Ebay page it showed his address in Essex so I assumed
he had a friend who would accept the package for him. Three days later he paid and the postal address was in Scotland. I wonder if he took a week to pay as he sold it on at a profit. I am not bothered really but it may be a interesting way of trading on ebay where you never have to keep any stock or go to the post office.

Comments

• TrickyWicky
    TrickyWicky Posts: 4,025 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe he just has a few properties scattered around..

Where I used to work (a european travel terminal) we used to have a german customer that would come here and go back to germany every few weeks. We all knew the bloke as he always needed a jumpstart for his car whenever he came back to the UK lol.
  • iltisman
    iltisman Posts: 2,589 Forumite
    Options
    I thought that may be the case but the Ebay user name remained the same but the customers name kept changing with each address.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    iltisman wrote: »
    I thought that may be the case but the Ebay user name remained the same but the customers name kept changing with each address.

I currently have around 8 unique names and address on my PayPal account. I often buy things for my sons at uni or for my mother and have the stuff sent on to them direct.

However, if you think someone is drop shipping just make sure you put your own invoice in the packaging showing the price they paid.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure