Buyer not collecting

We sold a job lot of 20 books for 99p.

Despite asking for cash on collection, the buyer paid via paypal, but for 99p we will risk it.

However, after 10 days, we are still waiting for collection, the buyer keeps making excuses, we have even offered to cancel the auction.

Hi lives in Birmingham, and we are in Sheffield, so we really don't know what he is thinking.

An added problem is that we go on holiday on Monday for 2 weeks.

Comments

• Read my post, the buyer has paid.

We phonesd ebay today, and got India.

All they said was, post them, or do a mutual cancellation, fat lot of use that was.:mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Anoying thing is the Paypal fees cost you at least 25p and you asked them not to use Paypal. :mad:
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Anoying thing is the Paypal fees cost you at least 25p and you asked them not to use Paypal. :mad:

When they refund they still get to pay 20p of that now of course as well

I'm beginning to think that the FAQ on here should include info on collection only items. We not only have the paypal on collection issue, we also have the fact that there is virtually no leeway for a seller when buyer refuses to collect.

Frankly though i think my advice would be not to bother with 99p items on collection- for the hassle just charity shop them. I rarely ever do anything collection only now on ebay just because of the monumental efort it seems to take to get it all arranged. At least with posted items they pay you ship- end of. I have started using Facebook for collection items, but the time wasters are there as well but you don't have the stress of poor stars or fees when they don't show up.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • cestlavie
    cestlavie Posts: 805 Forumite
    for the faff of selling 20 books at 99p and organizing collection not to mention the time it took in listing, well i'd have charity shopped them. presumably you'd hoped they'd go for more ? however now your options are limited. i'd refund buyer as he didn't accept conditons of sale (ie cod) etc. because once paypal have taken a cut, blimey there's not much money for all your time and effort and now you've left ourself wide open to a pick up and buyer scam saying nothing was received :(
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    In complete agreement. For the hassle you've had to gain less than 99p the local charity shop could have sold them at 50p a book making a much needed £10 for their cause.

I send most things under a fiver down to the local charity shop. It's not worth the aggro.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure