Ready Made

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Small Biz & Charities' MoneySaving
10 replies 8K views
Oa5i5Oa5i5 Forumite
5 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Small Biz & Charities' MoneySaving
Hi,

I'm hoping I can get some impartial information here. I am looking to go into business with a company called readymadebusiness4u but, well, I'm a little hesitant. This is primarily because when I tried to find reviews on the company online I saw a load of junk pages, and when I looked at the companies' house information their information looked a little strange to me (but i'm no expert).

They are offering a business model that looks interesting on face value but I would like to know if anyone has dealt with or heard of this company before, and what the outcome/perception was of the service that they provided?

Thanks

Oa5i5

Replies

• PlutoinCapricornPlutoinCapricorn Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, and do stay around. People on here do share information about real ways to get extra income, and know what to look for when evaluating "wonderful opportunities".
    Who having known the diamond will concern himself with glass?

Rudyard Kipling

• AtidiAtidi Forumite
    943 Posts
    Oa5i5 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm hoping I can get some impartial information here. I am looking to go into business with a company called readymadebusiness4u but, well, I'm a little hesitant. This is primarily because when I tried to find reviews on the company online I saw a load of junk pages, and when I looked at the companies' house information their information looked a little strange to me (but i'm no expert).

They are offering a business model that looks interesting on face value but I would like to know if anyone has dealt with or heard of this company before, and what the outcome/perception was of the service that they provided?

Thanks

Oa5i5

Hmmm... what do they do? :huh:
    Why do they want you to go into business with them? What's in it for you, and them?

I did try looking at their 'About us' page, but it's still 'under construction' :rotfl:

Any company that doesn't put a physical mailing address on their website is probably one not to be sending your hard earned cash off to ;)

I hope you didn't mean by " looking to go into business with" that you were simply going to spend your hard earmed cash signing up for an affiliate program, to a site that you imply no one has even ever heard of before. :eek:
  • paddyrgpaddyrg Forumite
    13.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of their 'ideas' are OK - flogging e-fags for instance (although why not buy wholesale and get your own venues selling as opposed to leads through these guys?). Not sure I'd pay them £5k for them to then sell me e-fags when I could get them elsewhere, and they do neglect to mention the accounting overheads etc., but it may be worth taking inspiration from the sector you were interested in partnering for, then going it alone. You can always ask questions here - people are often polite, but to the point.
  • whitepaperwhitepaper Forumite
    121 Posts
    ... and when I looked at the companies' house information their information looked a little strange to me (but i'm no expert)....
    In what way did it look stange to you?
  • Oa5i5Oa5i5 Forumite
    5 Posts
    Welcome, and do stay around. People on here do share information about real ways to get extra income, and know what to look for when evaluating "wonderful opportunities".

Thanks, will do.
  • Oa5i5Oa5i5 Forumite
    5 Posts
    Atidi wrote: »
    Hmmm... what do they do? :huh:
    Why do they want you to go into business with them? What's in it for you, and them?

I did try looking at their 'About us' page, but it's still 'under construction' :rotfl:

Any company that doesn't put a physical mailing address on their website is probably one not to be sending your hard earned cash off to ;)

I hope you didn't mean by " looking to go into business with" that you were simply going to spend your hard earmed cash signing up for an affiliate program, to a site that you imply no one has even ever heard of before. :eek:

Those were among the questions that raised flags in my mind. I was looking for a low cost franchise, but I had no intention of paying anything until I was comfortable with the company and their offer. They sent me a brochure and their offer was interesting but everything else was suspect... that's why I decided to post the question on here.
  • Oa5i5Oa5i5 Forumite
    5 Posts
    paddyrg wrote: »
    Some of their 'ideas' are OK - flogging e-fags for instance (although why not buy wholesale and get your own venues selling as opposed to leads through these guys?). Not sure I'd pay them £5k for them to then sell me e-fags when I could get them elsewhere, and they do neglect to mention the accounting overheads etc., but it may be worth taking inspiration from the sector you were interested in partnering for, then going it alone. You can always ask questions here - people are often polite, but to the point.

Agreed. I was interested in their waste distribution venture but now I'm considering going into it on my own, I just need to do a bit more research.
  • Oa5i5Oa5i5 Forumite
    5 Posts
    whitepaper wrote: »
    In what way did it look stange to you?

Well for one, I couldn't understand how they had years of experience when the data was only for one year, unless they were trading under a different name, which made me question why they would change the name. There's also the net worth value, then the working capital figure to me didn't make sense, how could it be in so much deficit. That suggested to me they owed money but then again I'm new to this, so I wasn't sure if I was interpreting the data correctly...

But the first response I got suggested to me that my first instincts were correct and that's why I've scratched off any venture with them.
  • edited 29 June 2013 at 9:12AM
    WywthWywth Forumite
    5.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 June 2013 at 9:12AM
    Well for one, I couldn't understand how they had years of experience when the data was only for one year, unless they were trading under a different name, which made me question why they would change the name. There's also the net worth value, then the working capital figure to me didn't make sense, how could it be in so much deficit. That suggested to me they owed money but then again I'm new to this, so I wasn't sure if I was interpreting the data correctly...

So are you saying you paid companies house for most of that information?
    (because it's not available for free from the companieshouse website - except for date of incorporation)
    Why if, as you admitted, you're no expert?
    You clearly do not understand how to read company accounts.
    What's more, they are pretty much useless for deciding whether or not to invest into a business. What you need are sight of the management accounts, business plan, future forecasts, etc. You should not be paying for these, especially if someone is asking you to go into business with them.
  • edited 30 June 2013 at 10:35AM
    BrassedoffBrassedoff
    1.2K Posts
    edited 30 June 2013 at 10:35AM
    I don't know what sites some are looking at, but they are a wholesaler who have tried to become a step further in the food chain by offering a business in a box system. They are not the only ones who do it, there are dozens of firms who do it.

Based in Macclesfield in Cheshire. The latest Annual Accounts submitted to Companies House for the year up to 31/08/2012 reported 'cash at bank' of £46,200, 'liabilities' worth £82,584, 'net worth' of £-17,184 and 'assets' worth £60,014.

Readymade Business 4 U Limited's risk score was amended on 06/02/2013. Apart from the solicitors who act as company secretary, the real owner is (text removed by Forum Team). Her last company did the same business and went bust on the 27/03/2011, a few days before she set up this business on the 29/03/2011.

Their credit score is 8/100

Again, they have no idea that unique, it's just you pay a rather heavy price for literature. I would add its no real difference than you selecting the type of business you wish to have a punt at and buy the goods from a wholesaler yourself.

A few items they do will soon be regulated, supply of those electric cig gives, tattoo removal and Botox injections.

I will be honest with you and say you must put a hell of a lot more thought in your business. Otherwise you will lose your cash.

This cannot be compared to a franchise, they start at £30K. And that's cheap.

I will not go further as its stepping into the realms of a business consultant:D
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals