Asda can't find my Asda Direct order

Options
I ordered a hardback book online with Asda direct on Monday, it is one they've sold in store before, but it recently disappeared off the shelves. As it was on the website available to order I did just that and clicked to deliver to my local store which is just at the bottom of my road.

I got the order confirmations and everything, then on Wednesday I got an email to say "your order will be delivered today", but no text message like I normally get to say my order has arrived in store and I can collect it.

I have just been down there this afternoon and wasted more than half an hour, as the computer says my order has been received but they can't find it. It appears that it's arrived with the normal store post and has been signed for by a manager (not sure who).

Normally whoever is on the entertainment counter upstairs deals with the Asda direct orders but she was really unhelpful and kept telling me that I had clicked something wrong and requested "home delivery" whatever that means. In the end I got bored of her faffing about and went downstairs to CS desk where a flustered but very helpful lady told me that it has been signed for. She needs to waits for someone to be in tomorrow and has took my details and ring me. But if they can't find the item then they will refund me.

I have ordered Asda direct things before and collected in store without a problem, but this has really annoyed me! :mad:

Also while I was waiting at the CS desk and man with a bunch of flowers wanted to pay for them at the CS desk, but the lady said no use the self serve and he refused to use them, so she told him to go around to the cigarette/news counter to pay for them.

They used to have 2 people at CS, but today there was only 1.
Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98

Comments

• MamaMoo_2
    MamaMoo_2 Posts: 2,644 Forumite
    Options
    You'll probably end up getting a refund if they don't find it, nothing else.
    I ordered a t-shirt for my son's 3rd birthday party, it was superhero themed and he'd asked for a Batman top they were selling.
    It ended up lost in store, then I got an email saying "thanks for your return".
    Apparently it rocked up a week later "damaged", so they returned it. At this point the tops were out of stock permanently due to them selling out in the sale. And that was that, no apology, nothing.
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,895 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I got a call last night to say that they had found a copy of the book (must have been out the back, there weren't any on the book shelves), and they put it aside at the customer service desk. So I popped down to pick it up.

At least I've got it now, but not sure what happened to my original parcel!
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure