Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Good place to buy fruit trees?

We are moving soon and the one thing H keeps wittering about is he will miss our apple tree!

Luckily the house we are moving to has a lovely big garden and space for a couple of trees....

Can anyone recommend a good place to get an apple tree and probably another fruit tree. I can't see any other apple trees around so I think it will need to be a self seeding one and preferably one with eating apples.
MFIT No. 81

Replies

• RedbedheadRedbedhead Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Anyone? Am quite happy with an online retailer. Trees-online.co.uk were one of the links that came up that looked good.
    MFIT No. 81
  • pboaepboae Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    I bought mine from J Parkers and have also bought one from Gardening Direct. When I have looked before they both had quite a few varieties available, but neither have any at the moment, so maybe it isn't the best time to be planting them? Most of mine went in late autumn, but I can't remember if I ordered them earlier than that. This will be their 2nd summer and so far the apple trees look very promising, and the pear has a handful of fruits on it.
    When I had my loft converted back into a loft, the neighbours came around and scoffed, and called me retro.
  • Pandora123_2Pandora123_2 Forumite
    517 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    We don't have room for fruit trees, but I came across this site where they sell dozens of varieties and give all kinds of useful information. Good prices, too.

:A
    I want to move to theory. Everything works in theory.
    1.1K Posts
    pboae wrote: »
    I bought mine from J Parkers and have also bought one from Gardening Direct. When I have looked before they both had quite a few varieties available, but neither have any at the moment, so maybe it isn't the best time to be planting them? Most of mine went in late autumn, but I can't remember if I ordered them earlier than that. This will be their 2nd summer and so far the apple trees look very promising, and the pear has a handful of fruits on it.
    I was expecting not to be able to plant them until the autumn which is fine as I doubt we will be in the new house until July/August.

Thanks for the links
    MFIT No. 81
    1.1K Posts
    Pandora123 wrote: »
    We don't have room for fruit trees, but I came across this site where they sell dozens of varieties and give all kinds of useful information. Good prices, too.

:A
    Thanks for the link - much appreciated.
    MFIT No. 81
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Cheapest Christmas dinner

We've crunched the numbers to find the best prices

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum