Closure of old Lloyds TSB Credit Card?

Options
I once had a Lloyds TSB Credit card during my student / graduate days, back when credit was easy.

I ran into difficulties after graduation, was living off the card, ended up on a debt repayment plan.

Paid it off in the last year, better financial situation these days.

However, on my noddle credit report, the card is showing as open, with an 1800 limit.

I don't actually have the card. It was ripped up and would've expired anyway.

What is better for my credit here? The only other card on my account is a 500 limit Luma.

- Should I request the card be closed, as it would put off potential future credit as it looks like I have 1800 of unused credit?
- Keep it open, as if I use the Luma card for business expenses, eg. put 300 on, the 300 is 13% of my available credit, vs. 60% if the Lloyds TSB card was closed?

I tried to get an answer on the phone as to why the account is open but I can't use it, but didn't get any sense. The best they came up with was to visit a branch (with no branches in N.Ireland, i'd have to wait until my next holiday to GB...)

Comments

• zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe see if you can get the card back, then you can use both cards and pay them off properly, and strengthen your credit rating?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure