Claiming NI for less income than threshold

Options
Hi,
I have obtained address of my local Office where i need to send my P60 forms but the problem is my previous employer has not given me any P60 and when I tried to call them they said they will post me in near future which they have not done for so many months. Is there any other alternative that I can provide and get my overpaid National Insurance back.

if any of you have ever claimed NI back please let me know your experience and how long will the whole process take..whats the quickest way and how should I proceed from beginning..

Many Thanks
Take Care

Comments

• kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why are you entitled to NI back? If you earned over the threshold in a MONTH, regardless of whether it works out over the year, you won't get a refund. So, if you earned, for example 5k in a year, but in 1 month, you earned 1k, you will pay NI on the amount between the lower earnings limit and the 1k for that month.
  • Nomee
    Nomee Posts: 129 Forumite
    Options
    I was earning like £150 per week and paid NI. When I left the job after 4 weeks I dont ahve any other job and if I get another job I would pay NI on that as well. In total I earned only £1720 in an year and I paid £320 in NI. Is it reasonable??

I thought that the NI deductions were assuming that I will earn the same for the whole year and thats how the rate for NI deductions was setup. Correct me if I am wrong.

Many Thanks
  • tigtag02
    tigtag02 Posts: 6,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry but you are wrong.

Your NI is not based over the year like tax and deductions are calculated on each payment.

These are only reimbursable if you have paid them in error (ie over 65)

tigtag
    :heartpuls baby no3 due 16th November :heartpuls
    TEAM YELLOW
    DFD 16/6/10
    "Shut your gob! Or I'll come round your houses and stamp on all your toys" The ONE, the ONLY, the LEGENDARY Gene Hunt :heart2:
  • Nomee
    Nomee Posts: 129 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks a lot for clearing this bit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business