We will switch off your paper bill shortly

BritBrat
BritBrat Posts: 3,764 Forumite
Dear Customer

[SIZE=+1]Please read this email carefully - it explains changes to your BT bill. [/SIZE]
In an effort to help the environment and reduce the millions of paper bills we produce every year, we are switching off paper bills for our online billing customers.
We will switch off your paper bill shortly after Thursday 7th June. You may receive one more paper bill before your paper-free billing comes into effect.
When you go paper-free:
  • We'll continue to send you an email when your BT bill is ready to view and pay online. This won't change your Direct Debit or Monthly Payment Plan agreements.
  • You can view up to six months' bills online, including calls made up to the previous evening
  • You'll be helping the environment. When customers go paper-free, BT purchases a native sapling on their behalf for the Woodland Trust to plant. Over 164,000 saplings have already been planted.
  • We'll give you a 25p discount on your BT Together line rental every month
If you switch to paper-free Billing we'll give you a 15% discount voucher to spend on BT branded products on the BT Online Shop!
Once you've upgraded to paper-free billing we'll send you an email with your 15% discount voucher code*
However, if you'd like to continue to receive a paper bill, please let us know before Thursday 7th June by clicking on the link below.
Please do not use this link if you would like the paper-free benefits detailed above.
Click here to keep your paper bill
You can also update your email address online. To do this, log in to Your account, click on Your profile at the top of the page and then select edit details to make your changes.

Regards,
BT.com

If you are reading this email after Thursday 7th June and would like to continue to receive a paper bill, please click here
View the paper-free billing Terms & Conditions

*Offer open to BT Customers who switch to paper free-billing and is not transferable or assignable. Your voucher will be emailed to you within 3 weeks of your upgrade to paper free billing. Prices subject to change without notice. Vouchers can only be used once and may not be used in conjunction with any other offer. Vouchers may only be redeemed against BT products online at www.bt.com/shop/paperfreebilling. Voucher may not be used via dabs.com, BT People Store or other online BT shops, other retailers and distribution channels and phone orders. Refunds apply to the amount of money actually spent - no cash refunds on discounts.

They never even used my Email address but used the Dabs one, what are BT up to?

Comments

• BritBrat
    BritBrat Posts: 3,764 Forumite
    They used the Email I gave Dabs before BT took them over.

Each firm I use get an email address for me that is only used with them an no other.

It's just the way I do it, say I get a fishing bank mail that may look legit I look at the email address and if it's not the one I gave my bank I know it's not from them.

I won't explain how I do it here but I have mentioned it before on this site.

I can't see why BT used that Email and even thought that may be fishing or something.
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    BritBrat wrote: »
    Each firm I use get an email address for me that is only used with them an no other.
    I do the same. If the organisation's site doesn't accept a + extension to my normal e-mail address (e.g. heinz+mybarclaysaccount@gmail.com), I open a special googlemail account just for them (I'm up to about a dozen so far).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure