Have I left it too late tipi get a credit card for holiday?

Options
I think I should get a Halifax Clarity card or Post Office card to use on holiday (I have the money saved up to pay off the holiday spends) but I leave in 3 weeks. Have I left it too late?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    No you should be ok so long as there are no problems with your application. Don't apply over the weekend though as you are unlikely to get an instant decision outside of office hours - this will slow down your application as you will go into a queue with all the other people who apply.

Either apply online on Monday during normal office hours or perhaps even call them or go into a branch - not sure you can apply for a Halifax CC in branch anymore though. If you do, remember to take plenty of ID, proof of address etc with you.
  • Kathy535
    Kathy535 Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank you LazyLoki, really useful information. Monday it is.
  • chattychappy
    chattychappy Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Options
    I would apply for both to increase your chances. (Two searches isn't an issue, assuming you've not been doing other applications.) And as each account won't have been set up at the time of the other application, there won't be an issue of too much available credit etc.
  • Kathy535
    Kathy535 Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    In case it helps others, I applied online on the Monday evening, was accepted straight away and received the PIN number and card within 7 days - very impressive!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure