Can't post anything without people jumping down your throat

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
5 replies 1K views
FluffpuffFluffpuff Forumite
58 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
Is it just me that thinks this?

You could post absolutely anything at all and people jump in the thread and start ripping away at you.

It seems this is the way every thread turns because people have nothing better to do than pick pick pick.

From a full thread I can count on one hand the amount of posts that actually contributed in answering my question.
Make extra money January 2013: £4.40 / £30
Free bingo winnings 2013: £0 / Pay ALL debt in 2013 member 044: £854.44 / £3770 :j Lose 22lbs in 5 months: 0 / 22 :j

Replies

• prowlaprowla Forumite
    11.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who the bloody hell do you think you are saying that!!!!

(Only kidding! :-))
  • Maestro.Maestro. Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Compared to some other forums this is a very, how do I say it. "Requires a thick skin" forum. It's not actively moderated, and there isn't a namby pamby "be nice to everyone" attitude here. Certain boards are worse than others, discussion time is ruthless, don't ever post a thread in there about anything.
    Oh, you wee bazza!
  • WywthWywth Forumite
    5.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maestro. wrote: »
    Compared to some other forums this is a very, how do I say it. "Requires a thick skin" forum. It's not actively moderated, and there isn't a namby pamby "be nice to everyone" attitude here. Certain boards are worse than others, discussion time is ruthless, don't ever post a thread in there about anything.

:huh:

Please be nice to all MoneySavers. That’s the forum motto. Remember, the prime aim is to help provide info and resources. If you don’t like someone, their situation, their question or feel they’re intruding on ‘your board’ then please bite the bullet and think of the bigger issue. A Guardian article once "doffed its cap" to this forum as being the one place where consumers can collect together and fight back. Our job is to help keep it that way.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous posts & PMs to [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"][email protected][/EMAIL] or use the "Report" button.
  • edited 22 June 2013 at 10:18PM
    CoopdiviCoopdivi Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 22 June 2013 at 10:18PM
    If it's this thread that's wound you up

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4664375&highlight=

it strikes me that you were just as aggressive with some of your posts as a few other people were.

If certain members upset you, put them on your ignore list. Just click on their user name, choose Public Profile from the drop-down menu then 'User Lists' from there. You'll never see another one of their posts again unless you choose to reinstate them in your good books.

If it's any consolation, MSE member Person_one has been on my ignore list for some time because I tired of reading his/her drivel.
  • Maestro.Maestro. Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Wywth wrote: »
    :huh:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous posts & PMs to [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"][email protected][/EMAIL] or use the "Report" button.

I don't know if you are implying that I am the one not being nice, or that you're saying the bit at the top that says "be nice to all moneysavers" means that it's quite alright and that everything's dandy. I'd suggest having a look around you though. If anyone posts about a problem in the banking, credit cards or credit report boards, people instantly defend the banks in the dozens and no matter what it's always the customer's fault. And if anyone brings up benefits or anything rational in discussion time the OP won't even make it out of the thread alive. Of all the forums on the internet (and i've seen a lot believe me) this is one of the most ruthless which is ironic given what it's supposed to represent.

Most of the time I just come here now to read threads or for banking advice, but if I was in financial trouble I wouldn't dare ask here for advice knowing what I've seen previously, which is kind of sad as that's what this is all about.
    Oh, you wee bazza!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals