Iva finished PPI claim accepted now RBS won't pay in full !

Options

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ! Ppi was miss sold unless I'm wrong ? So claiming back how can that be wrong ?

The point is that you didnt pay your debts. That debt included the PPI. So, to not pay the debt and to expect money back is "cheeky".

if you had paid the debts in full then you would expect a refund. If the redress exceeds the debt written off, then you would expect the difference.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did you know in October 2012, while still within the IVA, that you might have a PPI claim with RBS?
  • kernits
    kernits Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Ok see both your points but we tried to pay every penny we could back even put £15000 in from my wife's ppi that never showed up when we received it but we declared it during iva ! From professional advice I have taken today there is a grey area what RBS are doing and not as straight forward as some on here are saying ! We are not being greedy either unlike the banks were miss selling the ppi ! I think some on here should not judge until they know why some people get it debt as it may of been out there hands not just spending stupidly !
  • kernits
    Options
    No until I rang RBS in April did not have a clue if I was owed anything I just told them what had happened and they did rest ! If I had known i was due to ppi I would of added it to the £15000 we had already put in iva !
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    kernits wrote: »
    From professional advice I have taken today there is a grey area what RBS are doing and not as straight forward as some on here are saying !
    I wouldn't go spending any cash on this "professional advice" if I were you, otherwise you stand to be even more out-of-pocket than you complain of being already.
  • kernits
    Options
    Free advice not going down that route ! I'm not complaining was asking for advice ? Omg some of you on here are have never done anything wrong have you !!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm not complaining was asking for advice ?
    You certainly seemed all too ready to complain in your initial post and you seem very agitated now for all the wrong reasons in my opinion.

No one is judging you for taking out an IVA, only pointing out that you won't get back anything which you never paid.

As others have said, perhaps look at actually receiving the interest more positively? You could easily have received nothing at all.

As I said earlier, there are dozens of threads on the forum from disgruntled complainants who somehow didn't realise their PPI redress could be off set in the manner yours has.
  • kernits
    Options
    Very happy with interest and was just checking if it was all correct ! You don't have a clue about me and I can assure you I'm not agitated lol since Iva was completed we are very happy I work 7 days a week and my wife works full time you would think that the ppi was your money ! Oh well
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No until I rang RBS in April did not have a clue if I was owed anything I just told them what had happened and they did rest ! If I had known i was due to ppi I would of added it to the £15000 we had already put in iva !
    And I think that should really be the end of it for anyone who was wondering about your ethical position. You can't know everything and did do what even the most critical would say was right with the money from your wife's claim.

My guess is that RBS will work hard to keep what they can of the money, but maybe you'll be fortunate - at least they seem confused about it as well as confusing you about what they are doing, so there's hope. :)
  • kernits
    Options
    Thank you Jamesd at last a normal view :) what will be will be and if it helps others to know its a grey area in the future at least that is something my greedy wife and my self will end the post now but thank you for constructive advice not so much from the petty mined ones in the ivory towers must be great to be perfect ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure