Monthly income

Options

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    See your tracking UKML. Not considering purchasing as yet?
  • JohnRo
    JohnRo Posts: 2,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    See your tracking UKML. Not considering purchasing as yet?

I'm still trying to get clear info about the likely dividend policy to be honest, I am sold on the concept itself and happy with twentyfour as they seem to be a decent outfit.

Latest dividend info I have is
    C.7 Dividend policy On the basis of market conditions as at the date of this document the Company will target dividend payments of 3.00p per Ordinary Share* in respect of the financial year ending 30 June 2016.
    Subject to market conditions and the level of the Company’s net income, it is intended that a first interim dividend will be paid in April 2016 and that a second interim dividend will be paid following the end of that financial year.
    In each subsequent financial year of the Company, it is intended that dividends on the Ordinary Shares will be payable quarterly, all in the form of interim dividends (the Company does not intend to pay any final dividends). It is intended that the first three interim dividends of each financial year will be paid at a minimum of 1.5p per Ordinary Share* with the fourth interim dividend of each financial year including an additional amount such that a significant majority of the Company’s net income for that financial year is distributed to Shareholders. The Board reserves the right to retain within a revenue reserve a proportion of the Company’s net income in any financial year, such reserve then being available at the Board’s absolute discretion for subsequent distribution to Shareholders.
    The Company may offer Shareholders the opportunity to elect to receive dividends in the form of further Ordinary Shares.
    Dividends will only be paid subject to the Company satisfying the solvency test prescribed by the Law.

I think I'll just have let the spreadsheet determine the time to buy UKML, I have been using EX dates (minus one obviously) as the deadline for purchases of the others.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JohnRo wrote: »
    I'm still trying to get clear info about the likely dividend policy to be honest, I am sold on the concept itself and happy with twentyfour as they seem to be a decent outfit.

Latest dividend info I have is

Thanks for that. I hold sizable stakes in both the Twenty Four Income and Select Income already. So am looking for further diversification. Also hold HDIV another of your watched funds.
  • green_man
    green_man Posts: 538 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Quick q, why have you got Murray international marked as Emerging Market. Earlier on you had this as Global. And as far as I can tell it still is (or am I missing something)
  • JohnRo
    Options
    I can't decide what it is, that's all. It's sort of both imho.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
  • green_man
    Options
    JohnRo wrote: »
    I can't decide what it is, that's all. It's sort of both imho.

Holding Chart
    Last updated: 30-Sep-2015
    Key % Net Assets
    Other Pacific 20.00%
    Cont. Europe 18.00%
    North America 16.00%
    Fixed Interest 13.00%
    UK 11.00%
    Japan 2.00%
    Cash/Cash Equiv. 1.00%
    Other 19.00%

Looks much more in the Global arena than E.M. to me.
  • JohnRo
    Options
    I'm still not convinced, the geographic breakdown tends to place it with a foot in both camps imho.

50% of the portfolio is in American Emerging & Asia Pacific ex. Japan

I'll bow to pressure though, AIC list it as Global Equity Income so that's where it'll be from now on.
  • green_man
    Options
    Hey your list, put it where you like, I was just checking I hadn't missed some announcement to suggest a more em exposure. But looks to be 60%+ in traditional markets to me.
  • JohnRo
    Options
    Traditional markets being?

I'm looking at a variety of sources, all seem to have it roughly 50% + in what I'd call non developed markets.

Trustnet as one example,

American Emerging Equities 25.10%
    Asia Pacific ex Japan Equities 23.50%
    Europe ex UK Equities 18.50%
    North American Equities 16.00%
    UK Equities 11.30%
    Middle East & African Equities 2.80%
    Japanese Equities 2.40%
    Money Market 0.40%

The trusts position in the Global Equity Income tables suggests the same.
  • george4064
    george4064 Posts: 2,818 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 October 2015 at 9:39AM
    Options
    Hi JohnRo, just read through a lot of the thread from the beginning. Very interesting reading and I applaud you for the very thorough work in tracking your portfolio.

I myself have only started to unitise my portfolio from 30th September this year, really wish I had done it years ago but better late than never!

I am a holder of;

- Acorn Income Fund
    - Edinburgh IT
    - European Assets Trust
    - Biotech Growth Trust
    - Woodford Patient Capital Trust
    - CF Woodford Equity Income
    - rest of my portfolio is made up of a few ftse 100, more 250 stocks and some AIM stocks.

ITs I've been following lately, and considering buying are;

- Pacific Assets Trust (I need to add some EM exposure to my ISA, currently it's zero)
    - Invesco Perpetual Enhanced Income IT (my only bond exposure in my ISA is through 25% of my AIF holding)
    - Henderson Diversified Income (see above)
    - TwentyFour Income Fund (see above, I am avoiding this one due to it trading at such a premium to its NAV)
    "If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes” Warren Buffett

Save £12k in 2021 - #027 £15,268 (76%)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure