Barclays Mercantile Credit

Options
Hi

I am new to the forum in terms of posting but have gained valuable advice by viewing some members PPI experiences. I took a loan with the above in 1996 for 5 years the total loan value was including front loaded PPI was for 9844.20. The PPI element which I agreed to thinking I would not get the loan including interest was 1731.00.

As the loan was so old and terminated and I could not find any documentation I had given up on it..After clearing the attic out I found my copy of the signed agreement. I have filled in thepppi form and sent with a copy of the agreement to Barclays. They have responded with a letter stating they will contact me by the 1st of August.

Can anyone advise if i stand a reasonable chance of success as at the moment it would be a great help. I have been employed with the same firm throughout and at the time of the loan and still have yfull cover sickness etc.

So hopefully I will get lucky what could I hope to receive would it be the ppi 1731. as that would be great

Thank you for inspiring me to claim although a little late in the day.

Take care..
Larcher

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    larcher wrote: »
    Can anyone advise if i stand a reasonable chance of success
    Do note that,even if the Bank uphold your complaint, they are likely to want documentary proof that you paid this PPI to completion. The loan agreement you sent is not proof of this.
  • Bob_Morphy
    Options
    Barclaycard rejected my clain for PPI mis-selling so I took it to the Ombudsman and in August 2012 Barclays informed the Ombudsman that they were willing to make me an offer, this normally takes Eight Weeks. To date ( 19th June 2013 ) I have heard nothing from Barclays despite sending them letters to which they never reply and trying to get an answer on the phone is useless as well. I have been in constant comunication with the Ombudsman but seem to be getting nowhere with them either.
    It has now been over TEN MONTHS since Barclays said they would make and offer, the latest info I received from the Ombudsman was that Barclays have now decided to bring my case forward and are re-calculating the redress due, this was over a month ago and still not heard anything. Just wondering if it was now time to take them to Small Claims Court as the amount you can claim is now increased to £10,000 or is there anything thing else I can do as my patience with Barclays is wearing thin.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Bob_Morphy wrote: »
    Barclaycard rejected my clain for PPI mis-selling so I took it to the Ombudsman and in August 2012
    I think you've been amazingly patient with them.
    FOS referrals can take as long as eighteen months and the longest I've seen reported on here is seven years!
    Not sure threatening court action is the way forward, though, have you tried E-Mailing the CEO of Barclays?

(Might be an idea to start your own thread rather than hi-jacking someone else's)
  • larcher
    larcher Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    :jHi

Thank you for your views /advice so far. As luck would have it my wonderfull wife has a boatload of statements which confirm the loan and payments out. I had forgotten we had a joint account with the Abbey National and she has all the statements in a folder in the attic. I must have known one day I would need that folder!!
    Is it better to keep my powder dry and wait for them to possibly reject or send a token cheque of goodwill or go for the jugular now ?

Take care and Thank you again!!
    Regards
    Larcher
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,531 Forumite
    Options
    Anything that will help your complaint, send it, otherwise you're looking at a pointless wait with the ombudsman...
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • larcher
    Options
    Barclays Mercantile Credit
    Thank you
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    -taff wrote: »
    Anything that will help your complaint, send it, otherwise you're looking at a pointless wait with the ombudsman...
    Yes 100% send all supporting evidence (how ever large) with your original complaint!
  • larcher
    Options
    Hi

I have received an offer letter from Barclays and would appreciate some advice. Barclays have offered me £1800 upfront and have sent a cheque explaining they are offering this payment as a gesture of goodwill as they cannot trace the original agreement.
    I did send a copy of the agreement signed and after properly checking the statements I have about 3 years of them but not all as I had originally thought. So I am tempted to accept the offer given it was all a stroke of luck finding the details in the attic after all these years anyway.

What do you guys think?

Take care and thank you again for your advice in advance

Larcher
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,531 Forumite
    Options
    It's entirely up to you :)
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure