We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
How best to fit window sill
danielfulshaw
Posts: 178 Forumite
Hi
I wanted to replace 2 wooden window sills - one is impregnated with mould and one is so badly pitted that it is impossible to get a good finish though I might just plane it. So - is it as easy as hammering the old one out and nailing a new one in? Where is the best place to get wooden not mdf sills? What nails should I used and how do I cover the nail holes? Any general advice would be great. Not too bothered about plaster as I can patch up if any does come off.
I wanted to replace 2 wooden window sills - one is impregnated with mould and one is so badly pitted that it is impossible to get a good finish though I might just plane it. So - is it as easy as hammering the old one out and nailing a new one in? Where is the best place to get wooden not mdf sills? What nails should I used and how do I cover the nail holes? Any general advice would be great. Not too bothered about plaster as I can patch up if any does come off.
0
Comments
-
You could fit UPC sills or mahogany
Bed them down with SILICON ( neater than nailing )0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards