Options
1235»

Comments

• joncombe
    joncombe Posts: 320 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nzmegs wrote: »
    EDF are never going to do this until other suppliers do the same - just hollow words and they are aware of that. Something tells me that just wanted to boost their image.

You're probably right. If they believe it they should go ahead and do it, not make it conditional on other suppliers following suit.
  • silverwhistle
    silverwhistle Posts: 3,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The GOV are already hiding an enormous 'green' cost in our leccy bills, DECC estimate GOV 'green' & climate change costs levied by energy suppliers will bump our leccy bills up another 27% in the next 6 or so years. Get a grip now lets have flat transparent prices.

Tell you what, I'll pay your share of the green levy and you can pay my share of the nuclear clean-up costs and fossil fuel pollution costs, associated health costs etc....
  • davidgmmafan
    davidgmmafan Posts: 1,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JSR wrote: »
    How about a compromise?

The standard tariff must be a fully dumbed down tariff, a flat rate with no discounts, no loyalty incentives - nothing. Perfect for people too lazy to type their usage into a comparison calculator. You can even make them put a forecourt sign on the front page of their website showing the price.

But energy companies remain free to offer other tariffs to more engaged customers who want a tariff tailored to their particular usage, billing and generation requirements.

Everybody's happy now, right?

Except people will continue to moan about how they are being ripped off... Didn't you know its wrong to be rewarded for making an effort and being engaged :D
    Mixed Martial Arts is the greatest sport known to mankind and anyone who says it is 'a bar room brawl' has never trained in it and has no idea what they are talking about.
  • Trix3y
    Trix3y Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    The whole ludicrous farce of the energy market needs to be resolved once and for all. For the majority of people it is misleading,complicated to understand(unless you have a degree in quantum physics) and very time consuming. I research thoroughly every time my current contract comes to an end but find it onerous. I would prefer not to have to do this every year. Why does any change take so long to implement? The regulator for the energy industry moves at a slow stop pace and soon another winter will be upon us,assuming we ever get any summer.This is another point, compared to some of our European neighbours we have a mostly cold miserable climate,equating to at least seven months of heating costs. This essential commodity is fast becoming too expensive for a lot of the public, and this fact seems to be ignored a lot of the time.At least with a mortgage the cost can be fixed for a number of years. Additionally many older people have no access to computers or the internet and have to pay top price.Unfair system allround,totally fed up with it!
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Richie-from-the-Boro Posts: 6,945 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 June 2013 at 6:22PM
    Options
    Genuine question because I don't know the answer:

Are OFGEM head honchos precluded from ever joining the boards of the Big 6 when they retire/leave the regulator?

No idea but Chris Huhne, that fine honourable upstanding honest Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change since 2010 who Ofgen were answerable to was released from Leyhill Prison in May, after serving two months of an eight-month sentence for perverting the course of justice. Sid started hissing as a result of the Gas Act 1986, that with the Electricity Act 1989 means we've been paying through the nose ever since. :D
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure