We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Hall flooring and stair replacement
yakyak
Posts: 67 Forumite
I wonder if anyone can help me with the following?
We are looking to replace our current carpets in our back room, kitchen and hall, and have some sort of wooden/laminate flooring running through. Our front room will remain carpeted, however I am struggling to find suitable flooring for the kitchen area. All the flloring I have looked at in B&Q is not suitable for 'splash areas' but is suitable for the back room and hall. Not sure what else to go for, as I want to move away from lino and carpet.
Whilst we are replacing the floor, we are looking to replace our current bannister/side of stairs with spindles. I would attmpt this myself, however I currently dont have the time. The current bannister is plasterboard/wooden fram (50's build) however I would like to replace it with spindles to let more light through. Anyone any ideas as to how much this would cost. The stairs are 13 setps with a right turn at the top.
Thanks!
We are looking to replace our current carpets in our back room, kitchen and hall, and have some sort of wooden/laminate flooring running through. Our front room will remain carpeted, however I am struggling to find suitable flooring for the kitchen area. All the flloring I have looked at in B&Q is not suitable for 'splash areas' but is suitable for the back room and hall. Not sure what else to go for, as I want to move away from lino and carpet.
Whilst we are replacing the floor, we are looking to replace our current bannister/side of stairs with spindles. I would attmpt this myself, however I currently dont have the time. The current bannister is plasterboard/wooden fram (50's build) however I would like to replace it with spindles to let more light through. Anyone any ideas as to how much this would cost. The stairs are 13 setps with a right turn at the top.
Thanks!
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards