We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: Lloyds admits PPI complaints 'issues' after newspaper probe

Options

Comments

• mamma-mia2001
    Options
    I got a rejection letter for my PPI claim to Lloyds on 27th Nov.2012. I didn't take it any further at the time. Should I refer the claim to the ombudsman now in light of this allegation even though I am out of the 6 month deadline ????
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Should I refer the claim to the ombudsman now in light of this allegation even though I am out of the 6 month deadline ????
    Obviously you can't do this unless you can show that the rejection was definitely linked to the issues reported here. Can you do this? If not, FOS will decline to accept any referral as out of time...
  • Brains64
    Brains64 Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As usual, your post is full of contradictions.

Ah, well if it isn't my old pal Moneyineptitude, long time no see, how's tricks??, I'm glad to see you haven't lost your habit of quoting people....out of context:D....but I presume most others apart from you and your fellow 'misquote what people write on this forum' brigade will read it properly, for the record there wasn't even one contradiction never mind about "full of", it's the way you're understanding (not) what I said.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Brains64 wrote: »
    , I'm glad to see you haven't lost your habit of quoting people....out of context:D.
    I'll leave you to rant on...
  • RuthnJasper
    RuthnJasper Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 June 2013 at 11:20PM
    Options
    I made this post originally in response to another thread (http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=61803553&posted=1#post61803553), but wondered if it might also be pertinent here - specifically the latter part:-

I've been through this. I'm in my last year of an IVA and, based on advice and help from the MSE site advice and forum support, I pursued the PPI claim myself rather than using the shysters recommended by my IPA. My claim was (after a lot of hassle) successful and was, rightly, credited to my IVA.

HOWEVER, I argued that the claims company recommended by the IPA had stated that their fee was "up to 40% of the refund and any compensation awarded". I put this to them and said that my pursuing the claim myself had resulted in no "percentage fees" and an 100% refund. Therefore, in view of my own time and hassle involved in making the claim personally (and it WAS hassle - it was an old loan with HSBC and they c*cked-up royally at EVERY stage of the proceedings), I would like to respectfully request to be able to keep 20% of the total refund.

This allowed for what I felt to be a fair share for my time and efforts, whilst still paying into the IVA 20% more than it would have received had I used their 'recommended' firm. My IPA readily agreed and, ultimately (as the IPA 'team' messed up too), I received a little more than the percentage I asked for.

Incidentally, I was very interested to hear of the undercover report by The Times journalist today - at every stage of the process (and I have a couple of other PPI claims still to make, so this is ongoing) I was discouraged by my IPA from pursuing the PPI claim myself, rather than using their 'recommended firm', with numerous reasons as to why their "other clients" found their suggested claims company more helpful. Although I did ultimately achieve the morally right and fair outcome, this aspect of the process was something I found extremely distasteful.

Best wishes OP. x

Roo xx
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,660 Forumite
    Options
    I made this post originally in response to another thread (http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=61803553&posted=1#post61803553), but wondered if it might also be pertinent here - specifically the latter part:-

Not really, since it concerns using a cmc and HSBC rather than specifically Lloyds and their suspect investigations.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • angR_2
    angR_2 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    I have just recieved a letter of denial of having PPI on my loan with Lloyds and yet I had a week previously recieved a letter on behalf of the director stating the account did indeed include PPI.
    This obviously proves that Lloyds are still denying claims for PPI refunds when they clearly know that it is/has been included.
  • roonaldo
    roonaldo Posts: 3,420 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    angR wrote: »
    This obviously proves that Lloyds are still denying claims for PPI refunds when they clearly know that it is/has been included.
    no, its some inept person. if you have PPI you have PPI
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    angR wrote: »
    Hardly "proof" of anything really, you were just given the wrong information by someone.
    I wonder which one is wrong?:)
  • brown1950
    brown1950 Posts: 264 Forumite
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    UK law puts the onus on the person that is making the allegation to provide the evidence. Financial services regulation is a little more consumer friendly than law as it requires the firm to use documents it holds to support errors etc.

Surely you dont want a situation where everyone can make any allegation they like and are automatically believed even if there is no evidence to support it? That would be anarchy.

Deloitte & lloyds fell out. This could be the reason. It could be something else. We dont know. However, Lloyds is facing the rap for the actions of a third party. In that situation, wouldnt you be angry at the third party?

Now i know where Angela Knight - former CO of British Bankers Association went !!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport