We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Dishwasher discolouration
poodledoodledoo
Posts: 2,001 Forumite
I have recently had a new fitted kitchen installed in my house which has an integrated dishwasher. Now as much as I love it, I am confused as to why, once every couple of weeks or so, everything I put in the dishwasher is coming out orange when the cycle has finished. I am not putting anything orange in the thing so why does this happen? Is it the colour from tomato based sauces? If so, why doesn't it happen every time?
Or am I doing something wrong that is wrecking my nice new appliance?
Help please!
(Oh, and if anyone knows how to get rid of the orange staining on the plastic dishwasher racks, I'd be very grateful for the advice!)
Or am I doing something wrong that is wrecking my nice new appliance?
Help please!
(Oh, and if anyone knows how to get rid of the orange staining on the plastic dishwasher racks, I'd be very grateful for the advice!)
Thanks to everyone who posts comps, I love winning prizes big and small
:A:A:A:A:A:A:A:A
:A:A:A:A:A:A:A:A
0
Comments
-
We've had this a few times and it is generally tomato based or red dyed food that causes it. Once things are stained, like the plastics in the DW, there's no way back I'm afraid bar replacing them.
Expensive machines though seem to use some sort of plastics that seem extremely resistant to this sort of staining. The Smeg I used to have, the F&P one I had on test and is the ISE10 one I have on test presently are all fine. Yet Zanussi, Hotpoint, Indesit and a host of others seem to have this issue.
K."It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. Its what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain0 -
Phew...I thought it was something I was doing.
I think I'll just soak everything well before I load it in the future to minimise the problem.
Thanks!Thanks to everyone who posts comps, I love winning prizes big and small
:A:A:A:A:A:A:A:A0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards