PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    EstherH wrote: »
    Hi, Do the offer vouchers come through the door or are they available in store? We haven't had any leaflets from them and no longer have a free paper delivered which all the supermarkets leafleted in. £5 off £35 is a good offer as others tend to be off £40. Hope you don't mind me butting in. I try to do the grocery challenge myself and lurk on here. Can't change colour or font so can't join in. Esther x

I had mine come through the door, so not sure if they are available in the store. It may be worth giving them a call and asking if you can get one in store, they are normally really helpful.
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Been MIA but i'm jumping back in for august with £150 please.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • raggy_doll
    raggy_doll Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    HI, I'm going to join you from August 1st, my budget is £850 (a lot I know but when you have 4 gluten free eaters in the house it pushes the cost up stupidly high :/)

I'm going to spend this afternoon searching for cheap recipes and planning my meals out to see if that will help keep the cost down :) x
  • sheeppappar
    sheeppappar Posts: 252 Forumite
    edited 26 July 2013 at 2:02PM
    Options
    Hello! Please put me down for £200 again.. We are on honeymoon from 18th Aug so will have 1 less week grocery shopping, but we also have Mr Sheep's kids for 2 out of the next 3 weeks so I expect loads of random spending...
    Thanks to those who run the board.. as always .. :)

Off to read the 1st 5 pages now XX
    Have a fab weekend everyone! x

Edit: just got back from reading the forum and I am going to meal plan for when the (not-so-) little sheep are here.. I was going to just let Mr sheep get them whatever they wanted + bear the consquences on the budget but actually now I have been INSPIRED!! so am off to do a meal plan. Hurrah! (biggest sheep is a very fussy eater but the smallest is not.. so will prob work out cheaper to just make special arrangements for the big one and feed the rest of us on our normal plan)... Also.. i know!!! if he was my sheeplet he would just eat what he was given and lump it but it's a battle not worth fighting as we don't see much of them and he is a lovely wee sheep :)
    CC1 £7,944.10
    CC2 £2,680.03
    CC3 £1,020.88
  • medusasmummy
    medusasmummy Posts: 158 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    hi all

still in for july til the 2nd august, haven't been posting much as usual as its been a bit hectic. still on budget for july and have an extra mirror voucher so will be stocking up at aldi for august from july budget.

with this in consideration....

Coxy- can you put me down for £200 please.

its gonna be a long month with both kids at home, we're away for a long weekend in a few weeks and hopefully the weather will be on our side so lots of playing in the garden and trips to the local free museums.

BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO HELP RUN THE THREAD, and have a good weekend all, see u next weekend :)
  • empy
    empy Posts: 325 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    :wave: Hi,

I can't believe for the first time ever I've actually managed to complete a whole month of a grocery challenge and even better came under :D

This month I am aiming for £250.00Please :) I am going on my jolidays to Spain next weekend for a week so have reduced my budget accordingly but allowed a little extra due to my teen dustbins not being at school!

Have a great weekend everyone, hopefully I'll be able to post more often this month as I'm off work for the summer :T

Emma
    OS Grocery Challenge
    August £250/ £103.44 left
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    First official spends of the month total:
    £4.56 in Mr M - lettuce, squash, cherry tomatoes, oat cakes and 2 packs of savers noodles (which have gone up from 11p to 15p :O)
    £6.00 in Iceland - now this is a funny one as I bought: 6 mugshots, 3 boxes of go ahead yogurt breaks and a bottle of pepsi...the mugshots are for me to take to Belgium in 2 weeks so as to help keep my costs down a little (also taking cereal bars, squash etc!) and one box of the go aheads is for bf to take to Belgium (separate hotels as he is competing so need to prepare his case too!) (the other two are for him at home/training camps. Each box lasts one week at home so in theory he should now be set for those until we are back from the tournament!

Our fridge packed in a little over a week ago and we were only able to order the new one last night for delivery next Saturday so we need to run down the fridge and freezer (not particularly hard just awkward in nice weather!) so tonight it's salad with southern fried turkey steaks from the freezer. Tomorrow we are having a big lunch with my parents so maybe no tea or just a light salad again. I think Sunday I will do a Chicken dinner (or we may eat with bf's parents). Monday I want chicken supreme and rice so hoping bf cooperates haha. Tuesday and Wednesday bf is away so I will have random freezer meals. Thursday Spag Bol or chicken salad and Friday something with salad or chicken, veg sauce, veggies and rice.

I want to plan a shop that will use approximately £50 of the £69.44 we have left for when the new fridge arrives. That will mostly be stocking the new freezer - no point in buying too much fresh stuff as we will both be away soon enough - will buy a little salad stuff and some fruit but anything else will need to last the week we are away or freeze.
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • SilverBird_2
    SilverBird_2 Posts: 310 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Our GC budget for August will be £200.
    #Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain #We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us #If you focus on what you have left behind, you will never see what lies ahead - Gusteau/RatatouilleGC 2022: £0/£2,500 total spend
  • Sligo
    Sligo Posts: 210 Forumite
    Options
    Helloooo Alll!

Please can you put me down for €750 for August. I am having a 5 week month - that's how it fits the spreadsheet as I get paid weekly.

Fridge fairly full, cupboard jammed, freezer nearly to top. There has to be something to eat there! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    havent quite finished with july yet so not got a total but can i set £400 for August please

ill come back in with my july totals next week and start [STRIKE]frittering away [/STRIKE]spending wisely the next lot of money
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure