Cards that Offer Existing Clients New Deals

Options
stgeorge_2
stgeorge_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
edited 6 June 2013 at 8:46AM in Credit cards
I could not find an article where there is a list of known Credit Card Companies that regularly offer existing Clients, (Card Holders), new deals.
The article "Credit Card Shuffle" does not really list in a way that makes sense, see:
moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/cut-credit-card-interest

For example I have both Santander and MBNA Cards and have timed my shuffles between the three cards, (I have two Santander Cards).

What I would like to know is what other Cards offer the existing card holder, (client), deals on a regular basis.

I would like to get another balance transfer card but only want a card where I will be able to shuffle to other cards at a later date, (once I have paid off the initial deal offered by shuffling from an existing card).

I intend to keep one of the Santander cards as a monthly expenditure card, (which will be cleared at the end of each month in full).

Can all those in the know, let us know what cards offer them regular deals so we are compiling a list.
Freedom of Information Rules OK :j

Comments

• blitzboy
    blitzboy Posts: 477 Forumite
    Options
    Barclaycard have had an existing customer deal of some sort on my account 99.99% of the time since I've been with them, usually either 0% for 6 or 12 months or 6.9% for life
  • stgeorge_2
    Options
    @blitzboy Thanks for that.
    I have just found a thread relating to this issue:
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=33&page=81

But as you can see it is old and 81 pages long at time of writing so difficult to get the current info, so will carry on here for now.
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have found MBNA (which you already have, so keep) and Barclaycard to be the best. NatWest have had some decent offers too. Capital One and Halifax the worst out of the lenders whose cards I hold.
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    stgeorge wrote: »
    @blitzboy Thanks for that.
    I have just found a thread relating to this issue:
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=33&page=81

But as you can see it is old and 81 pages long at time of writing so difficult to get the current info, so will carry on here for now.

Unoffical Existing Customer Balance Transfers this is an active link to the thread you posted.

Yes the start of it is old, but there are also current postings on it, just focus on the last 2-3 pages and you will see the most recent deals people are reporting.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • stgeorge_2
    Options
    @Tixy Yes I did look at the latest pages so it is still a very relevant thread.
    Would be nice if there was a regularly updated page on the main site, but hey loads to do I suppose.

@The Boss Seems Barclaycard may be the way to go for new application.

I have managed to shuffle between Santander and MBNA for 3 years or so now, so I do think they are great as Shuffle Cards.

Just fancied a third.
  • fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    For me Virgin, I've had the card since 2009 and I can't remember when I didn't have a balance/money transfer offer and I also had a repeat 0% purchase offer in that time.

Other cards I have/had..

Tesco, nothing, completely tight, had it for a good few years.

Natwest, occasional 6-12 month BT deals. Had card for 10 + years

Halifax, 2 or 3 12 month BT deals. Had card for approx 2 years.

M&S, nothing. Had card for just under 2 years.

Barclaycard 1 24 month BT deal. Was Egg, had BC since they took over.

At the time of offers, except the Virgin card, all others have had and still do have, either a zero balance, or are paid off in full each month.
  • guesswho2000
    guesswho2000 Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    The_Boss wrote: »
    I have found MBNA (which you already have, so keep) and Barclaycard to be the best. NatWest have had some decent offers too. Capital One and Halifax the worst out of the lenders whose cards I hold.

Completely agree with this.

My Virgin (MBNA) card used to constantly offer me repeats (my MBNA plat & AAdvantage are new-ish, so aren't at that stage yet), and my 8 year old Barclaycard has a permanent 9-12 month offer for balance transfers and current account transfers.

My old NatWest Classic card used to regularly offer 12 months 0%, but with a 4% fee, my YourPoints card has offered nothing.

My Tesco/Nationwide are currently in 0% purchase periods, but from what I've read rarely offer anything, my Halifax is a Clarity - I've never had, and other have reported the same, any offers, but this may not be the case for their other cards.

I've had 3x Capital One cards in the past and never had an offer of any kind over a continuous period of 9 years.

Bizarrely, I did used to get BT offers from Aqua back in the day - not offers anyone would want though (something like 9.9% on BTs, which I suppose is ok on a card with an APR of 32.9%).
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I get offers all the time from MBNA and LloydsTSB but nothing from Halifax.
  • stgeorge_2
    Options
    Just to let you know I got a Barclaycard so if I do regularly get offers on that card as I do with MBNA and Santander shuffling between the three should do the trick.
    Thanks all!:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family