What could this money be?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Over 50s Money Saving
1 reply 1.6K views
SpendlessSpendless Forumite
21.7K posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Over 50s Money Saving
My Grandmother was sectioned in Jan 2012 under the MH act and discharged back to her own home a few weeks later.

In July last year she was sent a cheque for £115 from the hospital where she stayed on a remittance advice form.

I found this cheque a couple of weeks ago stashed in a drawer at her house. Gran hadn't understood it was a cheque payable to her (she has dementia).

My husband rang the department mentioned on the remittance advice form, who said finances were now dealt with by another department and they were also in the middle of moving offices but what she *thought* it would be was money taken off of her when she was admitted to hospital (as in cash out of her purse/bag) and refunded in cheque form after she was discharged.

Does this sound right? :cool: I've paid the cheque into Granny's back account today even though it's over 6 months old as the lady husband spoke to said it would be ok

Replies

This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support