🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Renting after reposession (I knew I would be back!)

Options
2»

Comments

• Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    This is a bit off the beaten track, but as a newbie I have been reading lots of interesting threads.

I am not surprised that there are posters who feel that people deliberately get like this/in this situation. i myself have to hold up my hands and say that yes, I did by a new top when i couldnt afford it, or shopped at Sainsburys instead of Nettos, or drew out cash from my credit card for a night down the pub. I realise that the logistics mean that if i go BR then its passed on to other customers ultimately. But I have to say the pain and anguish and humiliation that i am going through now, plus losing our home is certainly punishment enough. And I have not even filed for BR yet.

I wish, I wish, I wish that I had not been so ignorant and careless with my spending. But it was never ever my intention to deliberately not pay it back. I always thought that when we did 8 months work for another company that we would be paid and we could pay off our debts. Unfortunately they liquidated and we were left. Nothing to do with illness....although the debt has contributed to my poor mental state at times.

Anyway - just a little mini-rant... :-)

Be careful about getting drawn into these arguments NME; not yet at least :D.

I don't think any of us have anything to be ashamed of, there are certainly things that I would have done diferently with the benefit of hindsight, but thats just the way things go. What all of us have a right to though, is not to be judged and belittled by others whose lives have not taken the course that ours have.

Richard
  • dips_3
    dips_3 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Richard_S wrote: »
    Don't get drawn into these arguments NME; not yet at least.

Hey guys, if you want a target, try me. I've borrowed and not repaid somewhere between £150k and £200k and you know what, I'm so glad it's people like you that are picking up the tab :D

I won't reply to any comments you make on this thread but email me, I certainly will from there.

You'll have to be quick though because I'll very shortly be back in business and I won't have the time then. I'll make a toast to your very good health from whatever sunny little corner of Europe we decide to "set up shop".

I hope you enjoy the rest of your lives my morbid littlle friends because I certainly will.

Richard :beer:

What a nice chap you are.

It's people like you that give MSE a bad name and trying to flame a thread and drag the OP back into another debate about morals is inexcusable from someone who claims to be on her/his side.

Reported to abuse for inflamatory remarks
  • Richard_S
    Options
    dips wrote: »
    What a nice chap you are.

It's people like you that give MSE a bad name and trying to flame a thread and drag the OP back into another debate about morals is inexcusable from someone who claims to be on her/his side.

Reported to abuse for inflamatory remarks

Hi dips,

If that's the way it came across then I unresevedly apologise, I can assure you that it was never my intention to "flame a thread" or draw the O.P into a "debate about morals".

Perhaps if you'd seen some of the posts and threads over the last couple of days you'd have understood why I wrote it; if you have then I don't understand you.

Richard
  • NoMoreExcuses
    Options
    Richard

I can totally see where you are coming from. Whilst i am not going to take any sides (I dont know all the facts to get them straight), I think that you are merely trying to say "If anyone has anything nasty to say on this board, come and talk to me rather than having a go at those that are somewhat more vulnerable". Am I right?

But thanks Dips for trying to look after me too, your intentions were good and very much appreciated!

NME x
  • Richard_S
    Options
    Richard

I can totally see where you are coming from. Whilst i am not going to take any sides (I dont know all the facts to get them straight), I think that you are merely trying to say "If anyone has anything nasty to say on this board, come and talk to me rather than having a go at those that are somewhat more vulnerable". Am I right?

But thanks Dips for trying to look after me too, your intentions were good and very much appreciated!

NME x

Hi NME,

You most certainly are correct.

On reflection, I could have been a little more subtle and thanks to dips for pointing that out.

Richard
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family