We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Worm help needed - please!

2»

Comments

  • alanrowell
    alanrowell Posts: 5,397 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Yes it is OK to do so (damn minimum letter count)
  • redmandarin
    redmandarin Posts: 832 Forumite
    Hi, just an update to say that I've run all the scans and there was no sign of any worms! Looks like it was a fake Windows dialogue box, as nanana and superscraper had indicated. All scan results were negative, apart from AVG Anti-spy which found a BT dialer! Luckily it didn't do any harm because I had already had one of these - it was when I first got my pc and was on dial-up - and as a result I arranged for BT to put a block on the dialing out of premium rate numbers.

    I've learned a lot through this - I've installed lots of helpful software and I've gained more pc techie knowledge too! So thanks again guys for all your help. :T :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.