🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Job on Credit Card Application

Options
DunPin
DunPin Posts: 131 Forumite
Hello,

A few months ago I got a credit card while saying I was unemployed as technically I hadn't worked for the company in a few months and I really couldn't be bothered to find the relevant details although now I have gone back to work for them and I am planning on reapplying for a card I got declined for (you're required to have a job otherwise you're denied), if I were to enter the details of the employer but back date it to when I was originally employed (as the company never officially made me unemployed, I actually got holiday pay three months ago :beer:) would it cause a problem due to my other credit card being acquired when I said I was unemployed?

Would it cause me problems during the application? although I have a feeling if anything were to cause me problems it would be the fact that the majority of my income comes from elsewhere rather than the job itself.

So yes would I face issues applying and using the originally date of employment despite a previous application stating I was unemployed?

Comments

• UsetheFORCE
    UsetheFORCE Posts: 688 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DunPin wrote: »
    Hello,

A few months ago I got a credit card while saying I was unemployed as technically I hadn't worked for the company in a few months and I really couldn't be bothered to find the relevant details although now I have gone back to work for them and I am planning on reapplying for a card I got declined for (you're required to have a job otherwise you're denied), if I were to enter the details of the employer but back date it to when I was originally employed (as the company never officially made me unemployed, I actually got holiday pay three months ago :beer:) would it cause a problem due to my other credit card being acquired when I said I was unemployed?

Would it cause me problems during the application? although I have a feeling if anything were to cause me problems it would be the fact that the majority of my income comes from elsewhere rather than the job itself.

So yes would I face issues applying and using the originally date of employment despite a previous application stating I was unemployed?

Systems such as National Hunter flag up these inconsistencies and whilst you won't be automatically declined, your application is likely to be scrutinised more closely, I suggest that you DON'T do what you are considering!
    I have numerous qualifications in Business and Finance, Accountancy, Health and Safety and am now studying Law.

Don't rely on anything I write as it may be wrong!!!
  • DunPin
    Options
    Systems such as National Hunter flag up these inconsistencies and whilst you won't be automatically declined, your application is likely to be scrutinised more closely, I suggest that you DON'T do what you are considering!
    That is what I was expecting to hear, I don't want to cause myself problems for the future. I'll wait a while longer until I apply for the card and I won't backdate.

What about the issue about the job income being lower than my overall income? is that also an issue or ?
  • Cycrow
    Cycrow Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    also some cards might not let you reapply straight away.
    i know some cards say to wait 6 months after rejection before reapplying
  • DunPin
    Options
    Cycrow wrote: »
    also some cards might not let you reapply straight away.
    i know some cards say to wait 6 months after rejection before reapplying
    Yes when I reapply it will be coming up to the 6 months, I don't want to impact my score negatively by applying every which way :rotfl:

Out of curiosity, I have two bank accounts, last card I applied for and got I used the account with an overdraft, if I were to use my older account that doesn't have an overdraft but as it has been opened longer and has no negative marks against it (ever, HSBC has three all at the start of 2012) would it be best to use the overdraft free account?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport