Cancelled concert and credit card charges

Hi,

I purchased three tickets to a concert which was cancelled on the day of the concert, just two hours prior to its start. I am my daughters had travelled some distance and will not be able to reclaim the fuel and food costs. We were told in writing the concert would be rescheduled only to be told almost two weeks later there was no rescheduled date and ticket cost was to be refunded. I had paid for the tickets on my credit card and therefore having been paying interest on the amount paid. Is there anyway, I can get the interest paid refunded?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,584
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Handaros wrote: »
    Hi,

I purchased three tickets to a concert which was cancelled on the day of the concert, just two hours prior to its start. I am my daughters had travelled some distance and will not be able to reclaim the fuel and food costs. We were told in writing the concert would be rescheduled only to be told almost two weeks later there was no rescheduled date and ticket cost was to be refunded. I had paid for the tickets on my credit card and therefore having been paying interest on the amount paid. Is there anyway, I can get the interest paid refunded?

Thanks in advance

I don't see how you could claim for the interest as you had the option of settling the credit card bill in full at the end of the month and it's only because you chose not to that you're accruing interest.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure