Help Please Lloyds Tsb closed account and Credit Card and Bank of Scotland

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit File & Ratings
8 replies 2K views
shani_1shani_1 Forumite
4 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit File & Ratings
Hi guys,

I am with Lloyds Tsb from last 5 years and everything was going fine they have given me 7500£ credit card and 3000£ Overdraft which I always paid back on time. Three months back I applied for Bank of Scotland credit card via online application form which was approved initially. But on the very next day my Lloyds Tsb Credit Card and Debit card was blocked. I been to their branch and they have informed me that Lloyds Tsb decided not to continue Banking with me and decided to take back all facilities which I returned them including money which i used. Meanwhile I received a letter from Bank of Scotland that in their final review they have decided not to give me the credit card.

Then I have received letter from Lloyds Tsb which was saying that they did risk assessment on my account and believe that I fall in higher risk so for that reason they have closed my accounts.

Then when I checked my credit file with Experian I seen their that I have been opened a Bank of Scotland credit card (the one I have applied via online) account which is not true.

Anyway Lloyds Tsb updated my credit file and its just showing my account settled and satisfactory in-front of my current account though credit card account still showing running and satisfactory.

I raised these queries with Bank of Scotland and Lloyds Tsb via Experian 2 months ago but haven't got any response yet I have spoken customer service of Bank of Scotland and asked them to remove this account from my file but they keep transferring me from one department to other and saying that this account was open first so it going to remain on your credit report for 6 years :(

Experian is saying to me that contact them directly :( despite the fact I am there monthly member.

Can anyone tell me what exactly going on with me and is it going to affect my credit report?? and what should I exactly do to sort out this matter?
I am just feeling that I am running in a circle from last two months HELP PLEASE its so frustrating.
P.S I my rest of accounts with Barclays and MBNA are working fine!!!

Replies

• ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    82.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    What's your overall concern. That it will stop you obtaining yet another credit facility?
    It's not whether you're right or wrong that's important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." — George Soros
  • tinkerbell28tinkerbell28 Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    It's in all probability the fact you've got mbna, Barclays. £10k worth of facilities with lloyds. Then you applied for a BOS card on top.

Then when they linked through their systems they panicked as that's 10k under lloyds and whatever you had authorised under BOS.

Then of course all the other stuff you've got, makes you seem quite credit hungry. I'd write to the data controller of the bank.
  • TixyTixy Forumite
    31.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you written to BoS? If not I would write to them, state that as they told you that your application was declined as per their letter of xdate that you do not believe it is correct to show a credit card account on your credit file in the account section and request that they remove it from your file.

Regarding the lloyds credit card account - if that account has now been paid off and closed then this will likely show on your credit file within the next month or so.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • shani_1shani_1 Forumite
    4 Posts
    Yes I think probably that is the reason. But like is it going to be a negative impact on my credit file that my main account were closed? and Like am I not gonna be able to get credit in future from any lender?

Secondly If Bank of Scotland haven't issued me a credit card then why it is on my credit file and are they not going to remove it from my credit file. When the fact is I never received any credit card or anything just initial acceptance and then decline?
    Thanks for your reply guys :)
    4 Posts
    I haven't wrote to the BOS but on my behalf Experian has written them but BOS just replied that tell customer to contact their customer service directly which I did but no one was able to respond my querry and they just transfer me from one department to another.
  • TixyTixy Forumite
    31.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phoning them is unlikely to get you anywhere (as you have now found) You need to write to them yourself. Head the letter up to make it clear you are making a complaint.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    82.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    shani_1 wrote: »
    Like am I not gonna be able to get credit in future from any lender?

The purpose of credit history is not to provide you with a score, but keep other businesses informed of your activity.

The days of easy credit are now well and truly over. So many lenders are taking a keen interest in the amount of other credit already used/available.
    It's not whether you're right or wrong that's important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." — George Soros
    4 Posts
    Thanks Tixy, BOS has removed account from my credit file and has given me the compensation of £100.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals