Credit score and ex

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit File & Ratings
5 replies 959 views
SeanitaSeanita Forumite
21 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit File & Ratings
Not sure if this is on the right board so feel free to move it if needed. I am hoping next year to apply for a co-ownership mortgage. My credit scores are good 986 on experian and 4/5 on Noddle. My worry is that my ex-husbands score would be really bad. I have discovered today that his mobile phone which he must have registered to my address is to be disconnected for non-payment and I dread to think what other bills he has!!! I am concerned that although we are not together and I have had the financial association taken off Experian that his crappy credit will have an impact in my mortgage application.

Can someone please let me know what to do to ensure it is not. We will have been split for 2 years in July and therefore eligible for divorce however on speaking to Co-ownership they do not consider it essential for us to have divorced in order for me to apply on my own so would as we are living separate lives in seperate cities I would rather save the money for my new house.

Hope this all makes sense - basically wanting to now if my eses credit rating can have an impact on me

Replies

• matttyematttye Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as you have no joint accounts it won't have an effect as you're not financially linked. Doesn't matter that you share an address as long as you're not linked financially.
    What will your verse be?

R.I.P Robin Williams.
  • The_BossThe_Boss Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seanita wrote: »
    My credit scores are good 986 on experian and 4/5 on Noddle. My worry is that my ex-husbands score would be really bad.

These credit scores are pretty much worthless so should be the least of your worrys.
  • SeanitaSeanita Forumite
    21 Posts
    matttye wrote: »
    As long as you have no joint accounts it won't have an effect as you're not financially linked. Doesn't matter that you share an address as long as you're not linked financially.

Thanks I'm very glad to hear that. Would hate to think his irresponsible ways would affect my ability to get a mortgage. Thankfully all joint accounts have been closed for some time now.
  • SeanitaSeanita Forumite
    21 Posts
    The_Boss wrote: »
    These credit scores are pretty much worthless so should be the least of your worrys.

I know the lenders don't go by them but I had signed up to check them out as I wanted to make sure all financial associations from him were broken.
  • ValHallerValHaller Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seanita wrote: »
    I know the lenders don't go by them but I had signed up to check them out as I wanted to make sure all financial associations from him were broken.
    You won't work that out from the score - you need the Credit record itself. You can get it for £2 from each CRA
    You might as well ask the Wizard of Oz to give you a big number as pay a Credit Referencing Agency for a so-called 'credit-score'
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals