Noddle score 2/5 - no late payments

Hi,

I had a look at my Noddle / Callcredit score recently and I'm utterly confused by the 2/5 score.

Noddle successfully found a lot of my accounts, including a couple of credit cards, a loan, a few current accounts and a phone account. From all of these, there are no late payments at all.

I'm also listed as being on the electoral roll, have been in my house over a year and am 30.

Why is the score 2/5? How on earth could it be made higher?

Thanks,

Karl

Comments

• The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Noddle scores are almost worthless, but what are your credit limits and the balances on the card? Are you using overdrafts on the current accounts?
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Why the need for a few current accounts?

Close any unused/unnecessary credit card facilities.

How many years have you been registered on the electoral roll?
  • The_Boss
    Thrugelmir wrote: »

Whoa whoa whoa - this could make things worse.
  • Thrugelmir wrote: »

Why close them? Surely you are better off using them and paying them off in full each month?

I still have a credit card with Vanquish which has an awful APR rate, but instead of closing the account I use it as my fuel card and pay it off in full each month, surely that can only improve your credit rating?
  • Simon7685
    Simon7685 Posts: 1,115 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Noddle scores like all the CRA's scores are a waste of time and mean little in the real world. I know how you feel though, as it isn't nice to see and when you don't feel like you have done anything to justify it being so low, makes you feel even worse.

When I joined Noddle they gave me 3 out 5, then the next month it dropped to 2 out of 5. A year later and with no new credit accounts going on the report and only a few soft searches from insurance quotes it was still at 3 out of 5. During that time my credit report had improved because there was another 12 months solid history built up, no lates, or misssed and lots of green ticks but still only 3 out of 5. Then out of the blue it went up to 4 out of 5. Oh joy of joys for a month anyway.........

New month, no changes, no new accounts, no new searches, only more green ticks and down it went again to 3 out of 5, it has stayed there again now for 2 months. I suspect that having recently got a new card, next month it will drop again......

Of course non of that helps you with your Noddle score but at least you know you're not the only one.
  • ValHaller
    ValHaller Posts: 5,212 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    Why the need for a few current accounts?

How many years have you been registered on the electoral roll?
    The_Boss wrote: »
    Whoa whoa whoa - this could make things worse.
    Why close them? Surely you are better off using them and paying them off in full each month?

So many opinions for this question. So what is the right answer?
    • There will be a right answer for improving the Noddle 'score'
    • Another for improving the Equifax 'score'
    • Another for improving the Experian 'score'
    • Another for improving the score with consumer credit lenders
    • Another for improving the score with mortgage lenders
    The truth is that there is no right answer to this - just choose the best strategy for the credit you want and ignore the CRA scores. They exacerbate the consumers' problems.

The only interaction a consumer should have with a CRA is to make sure that the factual information is correct.
    You might as well ask the Wizard of Oz to give you a big number as pay a Credit Referencing Agency for a so-called 'credit-score'
  • this post is soo much nice and lose any unused/unnecessary credit card facilities.

How many years have you been registered on the electoral roll? :A
  • The_Boss
    ValHaller wrote: »
    So many opinions for this question. So what is the right answer?
    • There will be a right answer for improving the Noddle 'score'
    • Another for improving the Equifax 'score'
    • Another for improving the Experian 'score'
    • Another for improving the score with consumer credit lenders
    • Another for improving the score with mortgage lenders
    The truth is that there is no right answer to this - just choose the best strategy for the credit you want and ignore the CRA scores. They exacerbate the consumers' problems.

The only interaction a consumer should have with a CRA is to make sure that the factual information is correct.

That's fair enough, but at the end of the day reviewing your credit file is to ensure data is correct and so that you have as good a chance as possible at successfully applying for credit. I have first hand experience and evidence of the negative effect of restricting the amount of available credit you have so of course that is what I'd suggest.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure