We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Is this RAM compatible with a Dell Dimension E520?
londonman81
Posts: 1,130 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
I'm thinking of purchasing the Dell Dimension E520 on offer at the moment for £293 (Core2Duo, 250GB RAM, 1GB RAM).
But I would like some more RAM. If I purchase the same system from Dell as above except with the 2GB RAM option it will cost me another £59.
I am thinking of purchasing the 1GB system and adding RAM separately. I am thinking of buying one of these two, both on ebuyer:
1GB Crucial RAM:
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/63618/rb/28128120196
2GB Kingston RAM:
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/64178/rb/28128120196
Are they compatible with a Dell Dimension E520? Are they any good? Will I get much advantage from adding 2GB RAM? (i.e. 3GB in total) or is 1GB extra enough (i.e. 2 GB total).
Thanks!
But I would like some more RAM. If I purchase the same system from Dell as above except with the 2GB RAM option it will cost me another £59.
I am thinking of purchasing the 1GB system and adding RAM separately. I am thinking of buying one of these two, both on ebuyer:
1GB Crucial RAM:
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/63618/rb/28128120196
2GB Kingston RAM:
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/64178/rb/28128120196
Are they compatible with a Dell Dimension E520? Are they any good? Will I get much advantage from adding 2GB RAM? (i.e. 3GB in total) or is 1GB extra enough (i.e. 2 GB total).
Thanks!
"To be ignorant of one's ignorance is the malady of the ignorant." Amos Bronson Alcott
0
Comments
-
I would just go for the extra 1gb should be way plenty enough, HERE is a link to crucials web and the memory you need to install. Which is the one you have linked from e-buyer. By the way you can click the link, scan my system now on the above to tell you exactly what is installed
I have nothing better to do!!!!
0 -
yes that ram should be fine - the only probs you may have is depending on how many slots there are for memory on the mobo and how many sticks of ram dell have installed.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards