Blimey sudden infestation of fleas!

Options
I live backing onto some parkland. My elderly cat just came back inside after a long mooch around over the back of my garden. The council have been cutting the grass out the back today.

My little man has just laid down on the desk in front of me and I'm disgusted to see loads of fleas jumping all over him. I presume that the council cutting the grass has disturbed a flea nest or something and they have taken the opportunity to jump on him as he's come past. I have sat here for the last 30 minutes like the terminator and plucked about 20 of the critters off him.

I last used 'Advantage' on him on the 10th of May and have 1 satchet left, would it be safe to use this satchet on him today so soon after the last satchet. If not how can I get rid of these nasty vermin?

Comments

• Croc_Mad
    Croc_Mad Posts: 74 Forumite
    edited 31 May 2013 at 9:23PM
    Options
    How horrid! I use white vinegar on my dog when bathing him, about half and half with dog shampoo, then topped up with water. Use it as you would shampoo: lather and rinse thoroughly. I've never seen a flea on my dog in two years since I brought him home. I keep advantage in but use it only once every six months or so, when the seasons change. Also keep a spray bottle handy, about 1:10 of white vinegar and water. I have three cats and my dog and three cats and non ever have fleas.
  • Waterfalls
    Waterfalls Posts: 439 Forumite
    Options
    you shouldnt need to treat again just yet as they other dose is in the system still, therefore they should still die
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure