OpticalExpress - Laser Surgery deposit refunf

Options
I was booked in for Laser eye surgery around 2 months ago. Went along to Consultation, no problems there. Then went in for Surgery and was advised against having the procedure (large pupils combined with high prescription) as it may not be as effective as I wanted it to be. So I cancelled on the 17th April and requested a full deposit refund (£400) which they didn't argue with and said that someone would be in touch within 28 working days. I struggle to understand how it takes 28 days to start with when it took them 2 hours to collect my money.

28 days passed on Monday and after 5 phone calls they are still fobbing me off saying someone will be in touch tomorrow, every time without me every receiving a call. The latest phone call said that someone will be in touch on Monday, but, sadly, I get the feeling that its not going to happen. After a few searches online I found that some people are still waiting for a refund after cancelling in October!

Do I have any rights? Im fed up of wasting my time calling them and im slightly concerned that I'll never see the money again!

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    After Monday you need to write a letter... a real letter.

Head it Letter Before Action and send it recorded delivery.

State what you want to happen... refund of your money.
    State when you expect it to happen... within 14 days.
    State what will happen if they don't do that... you will start a small claims court action to recover your money without further notice.

Maybe google letter before action for a sample.

Have a read of MSE's Small Claims Court article while you are waiting.

Ref this:
    spudnik10 wrote: »
    I struggle to understand how it takes 28 days to start with when it took them 2 hours to collect my money.
    Have you considered how long it took for your payment to reach their bank account?
    Although these things happen quite quickly these days, you can be very certain that your money did not hit their bank account at the same time as it left yours.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure