We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Contract mobile phones. ??
chunter
Posts: 2,038 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Oh my sweet Lord !
I currently have a PAYG vodaphone well battered phone.
40p a text...
I've noticed I'm now going through £15 a month in calls and texts.
So I was wondering what sort of £15 a month contract deals are out there.
And I want to keep my number.
What a mess and quagmire the whole system is.
I can't find a website that gives me straight answers.
Not impressed with the retailers or the network providers.
Far too much boll*** and not enough substance.
Give me some directions folks, please.
Network would probably need to be o2 or vodafone. Orange is probably ok too.
BT definitely out. For incompetence reasons.
I currently have a PAYG vodaphone well battered phone.
40p a text...
I've noticed I'm now going through £15 a month in calls and texts.
So I was wondering what sort of £15 a month contract deals are out there.
And I want to keep my number.
What a mess and quagmire the whole system is.
I can't find a website that gives me straight answers.
Not impressed with the retailers or the network providers.
Far too much boll*** and not enough substance.
Give me some directions folks, please.
Network would probably need to be o2 or vodafone. Orange is probably ok too.
BT definitely out. For incompetence reasons.
0
Comments
-
Hi, I notice that you didn't mention Three, either for consideration or not. A few years ago I wouldn't have recommended them but they are much better now.
In case you are interested they do a £15 a month for life with a new Nokia and 500 cross network minutes. https://www.three.co.uk
I don't think there are any others who do plans as low as £15 anymore.0 -
https://www.dialaphone.co.uk/youatwork
I have a Nokia 5300 on the T Mobile Flext 35 12 month contract. That gives me £120 allowance per month, which transilates to 600 anytime cross net minuites or 1200 texts, or a combination of texts and minuites. As I dont text that much I quite like having the flexability.
After all cashbacks and redemptions it is costing me around £10 to £12 per month. I only have to keep the contract for 12 months and then it's up to me to continue it or take out a new one.
To keep your line rentals low you may want to take out a new contract with DAP every 12 or 18 months and start the cashback process all over again.
If you don't like the cashback but want a new TV or similar, they do these as well.
The Dialaphone site is easy to negotiate. They are on the phone if you want to discuss anything with them, but make sure you place the order via the dialaphone you at work site to get an extra £45 back into your account.
When ordering, you have the option to say that you heard about dialaphone via a friend. If yu choose this option you get a box to put a phone number in. If you know of anyone who bouht from dialaphone, put their number in there. If you don't know anyone who bought a phone from dialaphone - you could always put mine in there:D
Alternitively, if texts are your main thing and you simply want to reduce your spending, you could go for a T mobile PAYG sim in your phone. You can set up a tarrif that costs 3p per text. Both my children are on this tarrif as they text a lot.Behind every great man is a good womanBeside this ordinary man is a great woman£2 savings jar - now at £3.42:rotfl:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards