We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Problems with bluetooth
HugoSP
Posts: 2,467 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Hi
Can anyone please give me some idea as to why my Advent bluetooth dongle on the laptop won't pair up with my Nokia 6111?
I get all the way to inserting the code on the pc and then doing the same on the phone then it tells me that pairing has failed.
if I leave the code blank it tells me that a default code will be used. What the hell is that all about? I don't know what the deafault code is so I can't put it in the phone?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I only want to download my contat so they go on my new phone.
Thanks
Can anyone please give me some idea as to why my Advent bluetooth dongle on the laptop won't pair up with my Nokia 6111?
I get all the way to inserting the code on the pc and then doing the same on the phone then it tells me that pairing has failed.
if I leave the code blank it tells me that a default code will be used. What the hell is that all about? I don't know what the deafault code is so I can't put it in the phone?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I only want to download my contat so they go on my new phone.
Thanks
Behind every great man is a good woman
Beside this ordinary man is a great woman
£2 savings jar - now at £3.42:rotfl:
0
Comments
-
Default codes for Bluetooth devices is normally 0000 or 1234
Not sure about your other problem, I dabbled with bluetooth dongles some time ago and found that once you scan, you also have to ENABLE the pairing function.
The software I used had a drop down menu to enable all services (this is NOT the same as simply scanning for devices)0 -
Thanks for taking the trouble to answer Chris
I managed to sort it. It turns out that the software I was using is not supported by Windows XP 64 bit (or Vista for that matter). The Nokia web page enlightened me.
I removed the SW that came with the dongle and then plugged the dongle back in. It prompted the pc to find its own software for it and all has been fine since.Behind every great man is a good womanBeside this ordinary man is a great woman£2 savings jar - now at £3.42:rotfl:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards