Which Credit Report

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit File & Ratings
6 replies 675 views
gsc198429gsc198429 Forumite
3 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit File & Ratings
Hello I'm new too all this and I'm sorry if this has been asked before.

I'm looking to find out which credit report is the main one that lenders look at as I've looked at the following Call Credit, Equifax, Experian - all on free trials and they all give me diffrent information.

In the end I've signed up with noddle which is a free credit report.

The reason behind this is I'm looking too rebuild my credit Score.

So if anyone can help me out by telling me what I need todo if things are wrong on my credit report who to contact etc it would be great.

Replies

• TixyTixy Forumite
    31.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different lenders use different agencies.

You need the data on all 3 files to be accurate, all can have slightly different data in terms of which of your past and current agreements might show but if you are planning on applying for credit a potential lender may search with any of the 3 agencies.

Experian is the largest credit reference agency, with equifax only slightly smaller and callcredit (aka noddle) smaller but seems to be growing in terms of who uses it.

Don't worry about the scores that the agencies will sell to you, its your actual credit report with the base data on that is important and what a potential lender will see.

If there is an error on your credit file then contact the specific credit reference agency, and the lender who is reporting the incorrect data.

What is showing on your noddle report? is there anything on there that you think is incorrect?
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • gsc198429gsc198429 Forumite
    3 Posts
    Yea there are accounts with balances that I have closed and the report is saying it was only updated on 22nd May these were closed last year
  • TixyTixy Forumite
    31.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the current balance is showing as something other than 0?

Did you pay off the account in full? was that to the original creditor or had the account been passed to debt collectors and you paid the debt collector?
  • gsc198429gsc198429 Forumite
    3 Posts
    Was a debt collector
  • @gsc198429

Why did you choose noddle?

I nearly signed up but there was a problem with the website and couldn't sign up at the time. I'll try again this afternoon.
  • TixyTixy Forumite
    31.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the account entry on your file in the name of the debt collector or the name of the original creditor?

Did you pay the full balance or negotiate a reduced settlement?

You would need to write to the debt collector and remind them that you paid the debt off in full on x date and that they need to update your credit file to show that there is no balance outstanding.

If I were you I would try to get this and any other issues sorted out whilst keep checking your noddle file. And then once everything looks sorted on noddle double check by paying for a £2 statutory report with experian & equifax to see.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals