Ovo credit refund

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
2 replies 1.6K views
HMSHMS Forumite
47 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
I've seen lots of posts about ovo and refunds, but none answering mine.

Basically, I've built up a credit of £80 which I'd rather have in my pocket than sitting with them. I asked for a refund, but they wouldn't give me the full amount as they have a policy for DD users which require that you remain in credit by one months DD!

"Once we’ve got your readings, we’ll refund anything over £25 so long as:
1. it leaves you enough to pay for a month’s energy in advance (around two months in winter)" see http://www.ovoenergy.com/refundpolicy/

Surely this isn't right, it's my money after all. Anyone know if they can keep customers in credit this way? How I can get it back?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• gt94sss2gt94sss2 Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I presume its in the T&C you agreed to. However, don't Ovo pay 3% interest on credit balances? Given current interest rates, I wouldn't be asking for a refund atm..

Regards
    Sunil
  • WywthWywth Forumite
    5.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    HMS wrote: »
    I've seen lots of posts about ovo and refunds, but none answering mine.

Basically, I've built up a credit of £80 which I'd rather have in my pocket than sitting with them. I asked for a refund, but they wouldn't give me the full amount as they have a policy for DD users which require that you remain in credit by one months DD!

"Once we’ve got your readings, we’ll refund anything over £25 so long as:
    1. it leaves you enough to pay for a month’s energy in advance (around two months in winter)" see http://www.ovoenergy.com/refundpolicy/

Surely this isn't right, it's my money after all. Anyone know if they can keep customers in credit this way? How I can get it back?

Thanks in advance

You could ditch & switch to a reassuringly expensive supplier.
    Pick one that allows you to pay quarterly on receipt of bill too. That will not only ensure you pay only for what you have consumed (providing the supplier has up to date meter readings) but also should be even more reassuringly expensive.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals