Travel Insurance for pre-existing

Options
Hi

We're aiming to make quite a few trips to Disneyland Paris in the next year. I have pre-existing conditions that as long as I take my medication wouldn't cause me a problem whilst I am away.

Can anyone recommend a good travel insurance please.

Also we want to go over the Christmas period and need a company that will cover us in the event of snow and the Eurostar not running.

Thanks

Comments

• hcb42
    hcb42 Posts: 5,962 Forumite
    Options
    I had a similar problem recently and got insurance through the organisation that supports my hubby's illness. Without knowing what yours is, is this an option.

There is also staysure.co.uk which covers existing ailments, however this is advertised at 50+ so may not be suitable for you.
  • aliscrapper
    aliscrapper Posts: 510 Forumite
    Options
    hcb42 wrote: »
    I had a similar problem recently and got insurance through the organisation that supports my hubby's illness. Without knowing what yours is, is this an option.

There is also staysure.co.uk which covers existing ailments, however this is advertised at 50+ so may not be suitable for you.

Thanks. I suffer depression and chronic constipation so think it may be doubtful and we're both under 50.:( Will keep loking!
  • rs65
    rs65 Posts: 5,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wouldn’t recommend any particular insurer but any of the mainstream ones should be fine.

You will need to disclose the conditions and, in my experience, you get an option to pay an extra premium to cover these or accept an exclusion in relation to them.

If you are confident that they will not cause you any problems whilst away, do you need cover for them? I would always advise to take the cover but for most people it depends on the cost involved.

Make sure you have your EHIC card with you anyway.
  • aliscrapper
    Options
    rs65 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t recommend any particular insurer but any of the mainstream ones should be fine.

You will need to disclose the conditions and, in my experience, you get an option to pay an extra premium to cover these or accept an exclusion in relation to them.

If you are confident that they will not cause you any problems whilst away, do you need cover for them? I would always advise to take the cover but for most people it depends on the cost involved.

Make sure you have your EHIC card with you anyway.

Thanks. I don't need cover for the conditions just want to make sure have declared the conditions to Travel Insurance company as not doing so would invalidate the insurance.

Thanks to Martin Lewis we both have our EHIC cards.

Just tried More Than and they look a good option £65.48 for annual insurance for DH and I.
  • InsideInsurance
    InsideInsurance Posts: 22,460 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As above really, if you are happy not to have cover for issues related to your conditions (which obviously being snowed in isnt) then most will be appropriate.

If you want cover then most should be able to assist but it may be worth seeing if any mental health charities have recommendations for those with depression
  • hcb42
    hcb42 Posts: 5,962 Forumite
    Options
    £65 is a good deal for annual, we just paid £204!
  • aliscrapper
    Options
    hcb42 wrote: »
    £65 is a good deal for annual, we just paid £204!

Thats what I thought as all the quotes I've been coming back with have been £100-£200. And DH is in the process of sorting out new home insurance and that is with More Than. Wonder whether they do discount if you take out more than one policy with them??
  • not-so-civil
    not-so-civil Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    Try All Clear Travel. I used Martin's recommended compare site and got a quote of over £200. The lowest was All Clear. I went directly to All Clear whom I had used previously and input exactly the same information. The result - just over £37 for a single 9 day trip to Spain.
  • lezli
    lezli Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I've used Columbus Direct a few times. You can put in pre-existing conditions
  • aliscrapper
    Options
    Try All Clear Travel. I used Martin's recommended compare site and got a quote of over £200. The lowest was All Clear. I went directly to All Clear whom I had used previously and input exactly the same information. The result - just over £37 for a single 9 day trip to Spain.

Just done quote and came up with £77 for annual insurance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport