The Fall - Anyone Watching

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
44 replies 3.9K views
GlynDGlynD
10.9K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
From the comments on Points of View it's like Marmite, people either love it or hate it. The memsahib and myself are enjoying it immensely and glad to see a second series is to be commissioned.

Great to see a police drama about Northern Ireland which isn't based along sectarian lines or about the Troubles and so well produced.

Replies

• saverbuyersaverbuyer Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Some of the acting really is awful but I must say I'm getting into it. There's a bit of the troubles stuff in there but it's not OTT.
  • Abbafan1972Abbafan1972 Forumite
    6.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have it recorded on my sky box to watch. Is it the one with Gillian Anderson in?
    Debts left to clear

StepChange DMP - £14,014.53
    Car Finance - £10,849.24
    Mortgage - £71,501.49

Total:- £96,365.26

• saverbuyer wrote: »
    Some of the acting really is awful but I must say I'm getting into it. There's a bit of the troubles stuff in there but it's not OTT.

Can't say I've identified any bad acting in it. I'm usually good at spotting it too.
  • I have it recorded on my sky box to watch. Is it the one with Gillian Anderson in?

It sure is, and I think she's coming across well.
    2.6K Posts
    GlynD wrote: »
    Can't say I've identified any bad acting in it. I'm usually good at spotting it too.

Slight spoiler alert.

The gingery/red haired police officer. The one who had to clean out Gillian Anderson's hotel room.

Some dodgy acting when she was explaining the evidence she found to Anderson and how she could be counted upon. She makes me cringed, but it quickly passes There’s a lot of good acting in it too.
  • amersallamersall Forumite
    17K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am watching this, it's not a bad programme on the whole but first episode was a tad slow for me, I think (hope) it will improve as they get nearer to the conclusion.
  • amersallamersall Forumite
    17K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gingery/red haired police officer. The one who had to clean out Gillian Anderson's hotel room.

Some dodgy acting when she was explaining the evidence she found to Anderson and how she could be counted upon. She makes me cringed, but it quickly passes
    She is the same in Holby city as nurse Mary Claire, like she is reading
    from an auto cue.
    She did improve a bit though to be fair.
  • I have it recorded on my sky box to watch. Is it the one with Gillian Anderson in?
    saverbuyer wrote: »

Slight spoiler alert.

Some dodgy acting when she was explaining the evidence she found to Anderson and how she could be counted upon. She makes me cringed, but it quickly passes There’s a lot of good acting in it too.

I've watched that scene. I thought the lines were delivered ok and the acting fine. It's all subjective though really, isn't it? :)
  • amersall wrote: »
    I am watching this, it's not a bad programme on the whole but first episode was a tad slow for me, I think (hope) it will improve as they get nearer to the conclusion.

It's not as bad as that one from Scotland called Case Histories where the character Jackson Brodie walks out from the (supposed) police station on the Holyrood side of the Waverley Station straight into Victoria Street, or from what appears to be the Royal Infirmary, again straight into Victoria Street. In fact every location he's at seems to open onto Victoria Street, even though they're all miles away. :p
    2.6K Posts
    That's it, all subjective. I find that most Northern accents I hear on the T.V. sound put on. But that's obviously just me.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals