We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Printer question

Ianna
Ianna Posts: 581 Forumite
Morning techies!

I saw this thread and was wondering if that printer's any good? I know nothing about printers. Last one I got was a Lexmark X2480 which is possibly the worst printer in the world. Cartridges cost a packet, breaks all the time, can't get the scanner to work - I curse the day I got it!

Any help would be hugely appreciated. :)

Comments

  • Mizz_Pink
    Mizz_Pink Posts: 756 Forumite
    We sell the inks for some Brother printers and they are quite cheap for compatibles at £5.95 each colour. They might not be easy to get where you are, i dont think they are that popular. Beware of 'cheap' printers they are usually cheap cos the inks are expensive or difficult to get hold of. Epson are usually a more cost effective printer.
    Just owe Dad £2500 for a new car
    :A

    Paid off car loan 22nd August 2009. :T
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    It depends how mych you need to print. I don't print much, and found that a cheap Epson inkjet (£20) with generic cartridges bought on eBay (about £1.50 each) was the cheapest way to go.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.