combi boiler and gas fire maintenance

voddyman
voddyman Posts: 146 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
hi,i was wodering if anyone knows of a company that does a yearly combi and gas fire mantenance programme also covering me incase of breakdowns etc.i've looked at british gas and also london energy who i'm with and they both do contracts costing approx £160-170 a year....does anyone know of someone cheaper? :)
:D voddyman

Comments

• tobykim
    tobykim Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I know Worcester do one (if you have a Worcester Bosch boiler) but I've no idea if they are cheaper
  • benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    Lots of small local firms have contract options that are usually cheaper than the big operators. Get someone to recommend a local CORGI registered gas engineer and ask if they offer a maintenance contract. The CORGI website also allows you to search for engineers based on postcode.
    Homecall+ (with the annual boiler service option) and Powergen Heatcover options look quite competitive. Some insurance companies also offer emergency cover (but probably not including boiler service), sometimes as separate cover (e.g. direct line) and sometimes as an option to add to their home insurance.

The British Gas website is a bit vague as to whether the "annual inspection" is actually a service or just an inspection. Find out if you'd have to pay extra to have the boiler serviced.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
  • ADAM001
    ADAM001 Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ive just gone with Powergen £13.00 per month inc annual service and inspection. inspection ONLY with British Gas.
  • voddyman
    voddyman Posts: 146 Forumite
    i've got a halstead boiler so cant get the worcester contract...but thakyou for your reply
    :D voddyman
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport