We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How "instant" is Experian.

2»

Comments

  • Leighthal
    Leighthal Posts: 326 Forumite
    Feanor wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack slightly, but i recently got my experian report and i keep reading that people are saying 'i scored 674 with experian' etc etc..

    Nowhere on my report does it says a particular score. Am i missing something? where does everyone get this figure from??


    Me too :confused:
    In an Acapulco hotel:
    The manager has personally passed all the water served here.:rotfl:
  • MortgageMamma
    MortgageMamma Posts: 6,686 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    there is a difference. your credit report is sold seperately from your credit score. Your credit score is usually instant and costs an extra fiver or so...
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Warriorsith
    Warriorsith Posts: 441 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker Uniform Washer
    In relation to the Score you must note that each company has it's own way of scoring and so to a piont that the score given by CRA may be irrelevant, more of a guidance of how your 'rating' maybe. It's good too for them to make some extra cash.

    If your Credit history is good, make payments on time and you haven't applied for loads of credit, or recently moved, then you'll have a good rating.

    If your poor at repaying credit you have and have applied for loads of credit but got rejected then your rating will be lower.

    Try too, to have only 5/6 credit accounts on your file as more than that then companies think you wont be able to cope.
    "I AM THE GATEKEEPER OF MY OWN DESTINY" Nacho Libre

    'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts' :DDFW Member No.495
  • kydon
    kydon Posts: 27 Forumite
    I got an email today from experian asking for:

    Two forms of original documentation linking you to your current address (e.g. utility bill, bank statement, solicitor's letter) dated within the past three months


    Why is this? I am on electoral register for my current address but also from my previous one! The only reason I am thinking is because I am not a UK nationa but EU!

    Did anyone had the same issue?

    Thanks
  • Debt_Free_Chick
    Debt_Free_Chick Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    kydon wrote: »
    I got an email today from experian asking for:

    Two forms of original documentation linking you to your current address (e.g. utility bill, bank statement, solicitor's letter) dated within the past three months

    Why is this? I am on electoral register for my current address but also from my previous one! The only reason I am thinking is because I am not a UK nationa but EU!

    Did anyone had the same issue?

    Thanks

    It's to prove that you are the person who is on the electoral roll. Otherwise, I could claim to be you by putting your name & address into Experian. However, only the person living at the property will have received the utility bills. It's for your protection :T
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • maveli
    maveli Posts: 590 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    kydon wrote: »
    Did anyone had the same issue?

    Thanks

    Yes I got the same issue and I made a complaint and they offered to refunnd the money I paid. But I was in need of the report and sent all the docs they asked. I got the report but they didn't send back the documents I sent. So be careful with the docs you sent and keep a copy of them.

    Maveli
  • Experian_company_representative
    Experian_company_representative Posts: 2,134 Organisation Representative
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    The agencies' online services usually provide instant access, but it depends whether they can instantly confirm your identity based on the info on your credit report. If there's little information on your report, you've recently moved or there's a discrepancy on your report (wrong DOB etc) you will propbably be asked for documents just to be on the safe side. The information on your credit report would be very useful to crooks so the agencies have to be quite careful.
    “Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of Experian. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"

    Posts by James Jones, Neil Stone, Stuart Storey & Joe Standen
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.