We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How "instant" is Experian.

Hi guys I applied for the free trail of experian but its not really instant. I appllied like an hour ago but still nothing! Why is that? How long does it take?

Cheers
«1

Comments

  • MortgageMamma
    MortgageMamma Posts: 6,686 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    they have to send you a login an password through the post, it can take a couple of weeks
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • kydon
    kydon Posts: 27 Forumite
    wowo! Thanks MortgageMamma, I thought it takes a few minutes!
  • Debt_Free_Chick
    Debt_Free_Chick Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    You might want to try Equifax as that's pretty instant - certainly, nothing through the post. You might have to call them to validate your identity - I didn't have to, but my partner did.
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • Warriorsith
    Warriorsith Posts: 441 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker Uniform Washer
    When I applied for both Equifax and Experian both sent me information to complete the password so I could login in, atleast up to 10 days for it to arrive.
    "I AM THE GATEKEEPER OF MY OWN DESTINY" Nacho Libre

    'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts' :DDFW Member No.495
  • Debt_Free_Chick
    Debt_Free_Chick Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    When I applied for both Equifax and Experian both sent me information to complete the password so I could login in, atleast up to 10 days for it to arrive.

    Perhaps it's a different system for a free trial :confused: I obtained my partner's credit file online "instantly" (after he'd called them) only 2 weeks ago :confused:

    Odd ..... :confused:
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • kydon
    kydon Posts: 27 Forumite
    hm thats interesting because I applied for the free trial too!
  • maveli
    maveli Posts: 590 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Both given below are absolutely free. No need to provide your credit card details or cancel after 30 days. But not instant as they post the security code which takes a day or two

    https://www.annualcreditreport.co.uk

    https://www.garlik.com
  • kydon
    kydon Posts: 27 Forumite
    If i register with them, do they leave a "trace" on my credit history?

    Thanks
  • maveli
    maveli Posts: 590 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    kydon wrote: »
    If i register with them, do they leave a "trace" on my credit history?

    Thanks


    I think so. the reason is I first registerd with https://www.annualcreditreport.co.uk and then on garlik. And on garlik I can see the last search on my file as the day on which I registered on https://www.annualcreditreport.co.uk. I haven't applied for any other thing recently so it must be from the registering.
  • Feanor
    Feanor Posts: 513 Forumite
    Sorry to hijack slightly, but i recently got my experian report and i keep reading that people are saying 'i scored 674 with experian' etc etc..

    Nowhere on my report does it says a particular score. Am i missing something? where does everyone get this figure from??
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.