We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Digital camera = lens problem regardless of brand?
achan
Posts: 26 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
I currently have a Pentax Optio 60 camera. It's a basic camera that does what I need it to...EXCEPT it eats up so much AA batteries (I do have rechargeable but I'm sick of constantly recharging) that I've decided to buy a camera that uses a lithium-ion battery.
I was thinking of buying something from the Canon range but then discovered there was a lens problem (E18 error) that was quite widespread. I then thought I might try something from the Casio range (EXILIM Zoom EX-Z75 Pink) but have also heard occurrences of lens problems.
THEREFORE: Do all companies have lens problems? Digital camera = lens problem regardless of brand?
Also, any recommendations on which brands you prefer?
I was thinking of buying something from the Canon range but then discovered there was a lens problem (E18 error) that was quite widespread. I then thought I might try something from the Casio range (EXILIM Zoom EX-Z75 Pink) but have also heard occurrences of lens problems.
THEREFORE: Do all companies have lens problems? Digital camera = lens problem regardless of brand?
Also, any recommendations on which brands you prefer?
0
Comments
-
Fuji/Minolta-man here... However, surprised to hear about major problems with the Exelim or Canon, both reputable brands. Maybe it's more to do with the way people treat their cameras these days..?
My best ever for batteries was the Fuji A303 - really just a "point and shoot", but lasted forever, great pictures, even managed to focus in the dark (by setting minimum aperture) - still my holiday back-up.0 -
I haven't heard much about lens problems or why they occour but I have been really impressed with Panasonic lately and though never thought of them as camera manufacturers the couple of good ones I have seen round my friends houses recently will mean I will check them out when getiing my next camera.Nudge nudge, Wink wink, Say No More!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards