We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Web Graphics Question

Fat_Boy
Fat_Boy Posts: 10,655 Forumite
I have recently bought a Dell Inspiron 9400 with Vista Home Premium and 1 Gig ram. When I go online graphics/pics/avatars etc seem really badly pixalated and unclear. I'm assuming there's an option somewhere that asks me whether I want to compress online images (or something to that effect) but I'm dammed if I can find it.

Any advice?

Cheers :)
FB :heartpuls Wiggly

:j Last Cigarette 24/11/06 :j

Comments

  • Seagull
    Seagull Posts: 286 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    You'll probably find the settings within your web browser options, do you have a slow internet connection which may be causing the images to appear slowly ?
  • globalds
    globalds Posts: 9,431 Forumite
    how about your desktop ..all the icons like recycle bin are they big or small...I mean like could you fit say ten from top to bottom of the screen or only five
  • Cricri
    Cricri Posts: 579 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Is it really only in your web browser?
    If not, you could have the resolution of your LCD monitor set to something else than the native resolution.
    I'm not aware of anyone using a compressing program for online graphical contents, except for dial-up users. In which case, there might be such a program that was installed when you used the CD from your internet provider.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.