We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Xbox 360 - how noisy!?
s-j-cooper_2
Posts: 863 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Just been playing my shiny new Xbox 360 for a couple of hours - I am really enjoying Oblivion, but what's going on with the noise?! I can't believe how noisy the disc drive is! (the fans doesn't bother me as it is intermittent)
Does everyone have a nois disc drive when playing games? Is it normal? I suppose I cold get a new tv stand with a glass door to help.
Oh well....
Also, do people think getting the extra 3 year warranty from Microsoft for £60 is worth it?
Does everyone have a nois disc drive when playing games? Is it normal? I suppose I cold get a new tv stand with a glass door to help.
Oh well....
Also, do people think getting the extra 3 year warranty from Microsoft for £60 is worth it?
0
Comments
-
do not put your 360 in a tv stand with a glass door, it will overheat.
is there plenty of air curculation round it?
dont buy one of them coolers either, they sap the power and overheat the 360 lol
but yea they are quite noisey especially when there hot.
and yes, a 3 year warrenty for 60 quid is well worth it imo.No Unapproved or Personal links in signatures please - FT30 -
Yes i admit they can get noisy, you do gte used to it after a whileNo Links in Signature by site rules - MSE Forum Team 20
-
very noisy and just confirming dont have it enclosed and dont buy an intercooler for it they actually make things worse.
A survey on a site I use has also indicated that having them lay down reduces the heat inside I have mine standing on its end at the end of the bed but it doenst get used that much.0 -
Yep, it's a noisy old beast!
All I do is make sure there's plenty of air flow around it, and turn up the surround sound!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with.
-- Marty Feldman0 -
and yes, a 3 year warrenty for 60 quid is well worth it imo.
No, no, no. You're protected by consumer rights, no need to take out extra warranty. If it break within 2 years at least, take it back to where you bought it. They may try to fob you off to the manufacturer, but by law your contract is with the seller. And a "reasonable" lifespan of a console is worth more than 2 years, 3 at a push, so you should be able to get them to replace it or fix it for you.
And yes it is noisy. I believe it's fixed in the newer 360's due out in the coming months. It only occurs during gameplay as it spins the disc so fast, but I just turn the speaker volume up
or put my headphones on. "Boonowa tweepi, ha, ha."0 -
No, no, no. You're protected by consumer rights, no need to take out extra warranty. If it break within 2 years at least, take it back to where you bought it. They may try to fob you off to the manufacturer, but by law your contract is with the seller. And a "reasonable" lifespan of a console is worth more than 2 years, 3 at a push, so you should be able to get them to replace it or fix it for you.
And yes it is noisy. I believe it's fixed in the newer 360's due out in the coming months. It only occurs during gameplay as it spins the disc so fast, but I just turn the speaker volume up
or put my headphones on.
i thought it was 1 year?No Unapproved or Personal links in signatures please - FT30 -
It will come with a one year warranty, but that doesn't have anything to do with your basic rights under the sale of goods act - that you should expect things to be sufficiently durable - and I think it would be reasonable to expect a console to last for 2-3 years, as wolfman says.0
-
ok thats why i was able to get mine repaired after 14 months

i thought they had made a mistake so i didnt say anything.No Unapproved or Personal links in signatures please - FT30 -
Yeah nice one OP - Welcome to the world of Xbox 360!
Oblivion is a really good game, although I'd be careful you don't let it start taking over your life (like it did for me) I'm still playing it after 150 hours playing time! I've even started reaching for my sword when sat on the train etc... and searching the bushes for nirnroot!
Another good game to try is Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - you can pick it up pretty cheap now as well.0 -
Mine is very noisy. I have found however that when its laid horizontally its slightly quieter.
Also, find it pumps out a load of heat.. don't need to put on the central heating in the winter the beast heats the house for me.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards