We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Laptop Hunt - Mobile + Performance
darude
Posts: 184 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Hello all,
I'm on a hunt for a laptop. One that works
with good resolution and is portable.
To give you a better idea... I currently have...
Sony Vaio VGN-A115Z
1280x800 resolution
Intel Centrino 1.6GHz
512 MB RAM
60 HDD
Width: 342.5mm
Depth: 276.5mm
Height: 43.5mm
Weight: 3kg
I've had an IBM T41 during work last year, and they're great (really outperforms the Sony). The build quality of the T41 is sooo much better.
IBM T41
1400x1050 resolution (much better than Vaio)
Intel Centrino 1.7GHz (suprisingly a lot quicker than Vaio)
1GB RAM (very useful)
60GB HDD
Width: 311mm
Depth: 255mm
Height: 26.6mm
Weight: 2.22kg
OK, now here's my question, are there any other portable slim laptops out there with good resolution? HDD size is not an issue. Main thing is resolution and portability (size and weight matters).
I am tempted to get another T41 but obviously they're a little behind on power (now that Core 2 are out) and IBM T41/2/3 only have Intel Centrinos/Pentium M. My price target is approx 700.
Any comments/opinions?
Look forward to here from everyone.....
I'm on a hunt for a laptop. One that works
To give you a better idea... I currently have...
Sony Vaio VGN-A115Z
1280x800 resolution
Intel Centrino 1.6GHz
512 MB RAM
60 HDD
Width: 342.5mm
Depth: 276.5mm
Height: 43.5mm
Weight: 3kg
I've had an IBM T41 during work last year, and they're great (really outperforms the Sony). The build quality of the T41 is sooo much better.
IBM T41
1400x1050 resolution (much better than Vaio)
Intel Centrino 1.7GHz (suprisingly a lot quicker than Vaio)
1GB RAM (very useful)
60GB HDD
Width: 311mm
Depth: 255mm
Height: 26.6mm
Weight: 2.22kg
OK, now here's my question, are there any other portable slim laptops out there with good resolution? HDD size is not an issue. Main thing is resolution and portability (size and weight matters).
I am tempted to get another T41 but obviously they're a little behind on power (now that Core 2 are out) and IBM T41/2/3 only have Intel Centrinos/Pentium M. My price target is approx 700.
Any comments/opinions?
Look forward to here from everyone.....
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards